Sennheiser ew300 in ear monitor issue

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I'm having some interference when I walk around with my iem's. I've tried all the different frequency channels on my unit and I've moved the unit to different locations and I've tried different power and different cables and earbuds but I keep getting this little zip/buzz noise here and there thats driving me nuts. Its so distracting when your trying to play and sing. I've read the manual which doesn't explain anything and I've searched google but have come up empty handed so I thought I would check here for some help. Help!

Does it happen everywhere (different venues)? Have you tried a different power source? I've not had issues with mine at all... is the zip/buzz like a bad ground buzz (if you touch your guitar cable with your thumb, that kind of sound)? More high pitched?

Does this happen while playing or when nothing is going on..
The Senn's are noted for having a high noise floor - meaning they hiss when nothing is going on.
Mine have it.. but it goes away when they are in use.

I used to scan for open channels at each venue, but that got to be a PITA, so I have found the upper
frequencies work best.. and I haven't changed it in a while now..
It sounds like you are getting interference.. this happens to me at certain venues, and goes away if I move.

It could also be caused by proximity - if you are carrying a second body pack for your guitar.
I try to minimize that (as it does happen with my G90 and Senn body packs occasionally) by mounting the G90 xmitter as high up on my strap as I can, then putting the G3 receiver in my back pocket.

Does it happen everywhere (different venues)? Have you tried a different power source? I've not had issues with mine at all... is the zip/buzz like a bad ground buzz (if you touch your guitar cable with your thumb, that kind of sound)? More high pitched?
It only does it when I walk around and hit certain spots. It does it at gigs and at practice. I can walk around and its fine until I step in certain areas I'll hear a short interference noise. I can have my guitar off and it does it.

Does this happen while playing or when nothing is going on..
The Senn's are noted for having a high noise floor - meaning they hiss when nothing is going on.
Mine have it.. but it goes away when they are in use.

I used to scan for open channels at each venue, but that got to be a PITA, so I have found the upper
frequencies work best.. and I haven't changed it in a while now..
It sounds like you are getting interference.. this happens to me at certain venues, and goes away if I move.

It could also be caused by proximity - if you are carrying a second body pack for your guitar.
I try to minimize that (as it does happen with my G90 and Senn body packs occasionally) by mounting the G90 xmitter as high up on my strap as I can, then putting the G3 receiver in my back pocket.
I have the G90 and it seams worse with the G90 on but it gets interference with the G90 off too, just not as bad. Thinking about buying a Shure iem system.

I have the G90 and it seams worse with the G90 on but it gets interference with the G90 off too, just not as bad. Thinking about buying a Shure iem system.

Do you have a cell phone in your pocket ? I was picking up interference from mine before. Now that they're all SMARTPHONES , there is data transferring continually. Hold one up to your pickups sometime.

Do you have a cell phone in your pocket ? I was picking up interference from mine before. Now that they're all SMARTPHONES , there is data transferring continually. Hold one up to your pickups sometime.
No cellphone in my pocket but probably 5ft away. There are 3 computers widthin 5 and 10ft as well.

There should be adequate spacing between multiple wireless units to avoid interference too. Power supply problem maybe ? .... that's all I've got. Good luck.

There should be adequate spacing between multiple wireless units to avoid interference too. Power supply problem maybe ? .... that's all I've got. Good luck.
I've tried all that and I'm stumped. I'll just have to live with it or try the Shure maybe. Thanks for the input man!

I've tried all that and I'm stumped. I'll just have to live with it or try the Shure maybe. Thanks for the input man!
We have 6 IEM transmitters, 4 L6 transmitters and a wireless mic going at any gig.
The interference can be mitigated by judicious channel separation and antennae combiners.
Did you check which G3 band was best for your area, or look at the bands Shure's equivalents recommended?
It might be that your chosen G3 band doesn't have a lot of open frequencies in your area - and you are getting random TV interference.

Did you check the Sennheiser frequency finder page?
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/service-support-frequency-finder

Based on my use of the G3 in a major metro area - it's not likely the G3 that is the issue.
YMMV

We have 6 IEM transmitters, 4 L6 transmitters and a wireless mic going at any gig.
The interference can be mitigated by judicious channel separation and antennae combiners.
Did you check which G3 band was best for your area, or look at the bands Shure's equivalents recommended?
It might be that your chosen G3 band doesn't have a lot of open frequencies in your area - and you are getting random TV interference.

Did you check the Sennheiser frequency finder page?
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/service-support-frequency-finder

Based on my use of the G3 in a major metro area - it's not likely the G3 that is the issue.
YMMV
I'll check that link, thanks for the help. This is an awesome community here at FAS!

I have the same problem with my in ear EW300 it used to be ok for couple of years but now it does the same thing described up above some kind of whooshing sound., High Pitch weird ... when I'm moving. and when I touch the antenna with my hand or some spots in the rehearsal studio ... . I changed the frequency couple of times , I played with squelch , gain level .. nothing works ... I'm thinking is from outside the rehearsal space cell phone antenna tower that is located 100 ft away in some parking lot ... I will probably take the wireless system at my home and try there where is no cell phone tower interference around .... the bad thing is my guitar wireless Shure GLX D started to drop signal too in my studio ... that is on 2.4 Gh wifi signal not RF 500 MH as Senheiser... I think that Tower is what is causing the problem

Back
Top Bottom