Sennheiser EW G4 Question

drubarlow

Hi Fractal fam, happy Wednesday to you all! I'm using a Sennheiser EW G4 instrument pack for instrument signal input into my AE3, plugged directly into Input 1. Everything works great, but when I turn the transmitter pack off the receiver starts hissing loudly through the active output.

Signal chain is this:
Sennhesier EW G4 to Input 1
Electric uses Output 1 to FOH
Acoustic uses Output 2 to FOH

I also use Sennheiser EW G3 handheld wireless mics for vocals (routed differently), but when I turn off my handheld mic (aka transmitter), those mics don't hiss. Any ideas why my instrument mic starts hissing when the transmitter is turned off, but the vocal mics don't?

Attachments

• IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
i used a G3 xlr and body pack receiver to eliminate a 100 foot cable run for mains at a sound gig once. same thing. i sound checked, everything was fine.

i turned off the transmitter to save battery and it hissed so loud.

try a different frequency (i didn't have time to), but this may just be how it works.

Shut off the transmitter so its making noise. In the receivers menu, find the Squelch setting and set it to a higher number until the noise goes away. In most cases this will work unless the frequency your using is unusually noisy.

I have had the same experience with my Sennheiser G4 system. When on tour, I scan for clear channels in each venue. I sometimes bump up the squelch if the airwaves seem especially crowded - happens a lot at festivals where everyone is using wireless on multiple stages.

Back
Top Bottom