Senior Member issue

Thomas Larsson

Experienced
Why are some members , that joined the forum after (for example) me, named "senior members" , and I am just named "member" .:eek: ?

Feeling a little bit misstreated:lol

It might not be important but it is still strange.

:ugeek

Hmm guess please wont work then.... Nm sry for the bad danish humor but afterall its Friday:)

Why are some members , that joined the forum after (for example) me, named "senior members" , and I am just named "member" .:eek: ?

Feeling a little bit misstreated:lol

It might not be important but it is still strange.

:ugeek

naaah, it's because they're old.
very old.
:D

500 + posters learn to live with the occasional wet patch ....... might be a patch on the Axe ... might not ....

(edit .... I might be 'Senior' now .... but even I know the Axe2 discussion forum is the wrong place for this thread ..... sonny! :razz )

Post count is an almost useless metric IMO. What about those with post counts running into the thousands but every single comment is stupid? (I'm not gonna name names.) The only useful thing I can think of regarding post count is that taken together with 'join date' you can get a picture of how active someone is over time.

This forum is getting big, it needs a better metric to help rank quality of posts (and the members posting). For example, we already have a 'like' button, so you could calculate 'like percentage' for each forumite and make it visible. Then we could opt to pay more attention to members with a high 'like' percentage.

The problem, of course, is 'like'. Most people click 'like' for funny jokes above all else. Someone will reply to this with a wordplay joke about 'members', and the next guy will 'like' it. I suggest, instead of just 'like', there should be a few different buttons:

| 'Funny' | 'Useful' | 'I Agree' | 'Great Tone' | 'You Suck!' |

OK, maybe not so many choices, and maybe nothing negative... but you get the idea. People would get percentages for each of these, and post count wouldn't matter.

Masters Blaster!

They get to play from the foward tees................................................................ :mrgreen

LMFAO!

A little "golf-humor" on Friday...Nice!

As someone else already replied, "500-posts" is the magic-number for "senior-status" (I.E: the aforementioned "forward-tees"; cheaper fast-food; sketchy car-driving skills; etc!) Furthermore, I believe (but I could be wrong about this?) that "200-posts" graduates one from a "Junior Member" to a "Member." It's all rather unimportant anyways...

BTW, that is the hallowed grounds of Augusta National in your avatar, so is that you in the picture? (It's small so I can't see if it's a celebrity or you - assuming that you're not a celebrity - LOL!) If so, did you get to play a round(s) there at some point? I'm very envious of (but happy for) you if you got to play there man...Congratulations (if that's the case!) August National is "Golf Paradise" (...well, for men that is -LOL!) BTW, I'd love to just walk the grounds even on a Tuesday practice-round (of the Masters of course!) just to see it and feel it in person...I have NOT missed a Masters Tournament on T.V. or Internet-streaming) since 1994. It's one of my favorite T.V. sporting events!

Bill

LMFAO!

A little "golf-humor" on Friday...Nice!

As someone else already replied, "500-posts" is the magic-number for "senior-status" (I.E: the aforementioned "forward-tees"; cheaper fast-food; sketchy car-driving skills; etc!) Furthermore, I believe (but I could be wrong about this?) that "200-posts" graduates one from a "Junior Member" to a "Member." It's all rather unimportant anyways...

BTW, that is the hallowed grounds of Augusta National in your avatar, so is that you in the picture? (It's small so I can't see if it's a celebrity or you - assuming that you're not a celebrity - LOL!) If so, did you get to play a round(s) there at some point? I'm very envious of (but happy for) you if you got to play there man...Congratulations (if that's the case!) August National is "Golf Paradise" (...well, for men that is -LOL!) BTW, I'd love to just walk the grounds even on a Tuesday practice-round (of the Masters of course!) just to see it and feel it in person...I have NOT missed a Masters Tournament on T.V. or Internet-streaming) since 1994. It's one of my favorite T.V. sporting events!

Bill
Yes thats me, nope not a celeb. but I am like a farmer, "out-standing in my field";) Good friend of mine took me to a Tuesday practice round, he goes every year so has the trip down to a science, so I got to see and go all over the course. "Amen Corner" soooo coooool. We sat right on the16th green and watched the pros "SKIP" their shots off the pond, (a tradition) That year VJ skipped one off the pond and it went in for a hole-in-one. Its on youtube, and if you pause the video right before the ball goes in you can see me & Zak sitting @ the top left corner of the screen. Oh well my 15 seconds of fame LOL.... If ur a golfer u need to go to a practice round @ least once. The crowds r fewer and u get to interact with the golfers. Masters weekend is always on or around my B day, so I usually take the week off and watch golf till my wife screams!!!! Good times....

Back
Top Bottom