Sending program changed ?

ritchgbg

Hi !
In the studio i need to have my ultra to send programs changes to my eventide h9 in the loop.
Is that possible to do so ?
I don't have a midi controller, so when changing presets manually i'd like to recall let's say preset 1 on the axe and preset 10 on the H9

Don't believe that is possible. Something has to 'send' the message. If you are in the studio then you are most likely recording with a DAW? Logic, Pro Tools, Cubase, etc. You can create a MIDI track and send a message to your Ultra and your Eventide simultaneously at whatever point in the song that you wish.

By default, most MIDI devices - effects units, synths, etc. automatically send Program Change messages out of the MIDI Out port. I don't have the manual or unit in front of me right now but, I'm fairly sure this is true here as well. If I'm correct, this is a simple matter to make sure that "receive program change" on the Eventide is set to ON, then use the Eventide MIDI map function to make program 1 on the axe equal program 10 on the eve.

I am almost positive that the Ultra does not send any pc or cc midi commands. you would need a midi controller for this.

I just got my Axe-Fx II XL+ and MFC this week, and spent the last few hours troubleshooting this exact issue.

Just to confirm:

When I change programs with the knob on my AXE, will it send any sort of program change?

The mfc and the axe fx II will exchange info in the form of sysex messages, but the axe fx II will not send pc, or cc commands.

Back
Top Bottom