Sending PGM changes to external devices

toasterdude

Experienced
I am slightly more advanced than a "midiot" but am still having trouble getting my MFC to control external boxes besides the II.
I have midi out on II going to midi in on POD HD. If I leave the POD on channel 1 all is well. However there is a strict 1 to 1 relationship between presets.
I would have to have preset 001 on POD correspond with preset 001 on Axe. I want to have maybe an entire bank of Axe presets all call the same POD preset. Same with an Adrenalinn III in the loop of the Axe.

I went into the MFC menus and named midi 2 to POD and midi chan 3 to AIII. In preset 001 I set midi channel 2 to preset 002 and when I select the preset 001 on MFC the POD does nothing. Obviously I set the POD to receive on midi chan 2. If I put it back to chan 1 it is back in a 1 to 1 config with Axe which is not really what I need.

Adrenalinn is set to channel 3 and also does not respond when I select preset 001.

Am I an idiot?

What am I missing?

have you looked at page 76 in the Manual ?

Just checked page 76 but that appears to be for custom midi messages. What I am trying to do shouldn't require custom messages, I don't think?

Page 16 says "by defaulteach numbered mfc-101 preset sends 16 program change commands- one on each midi channel".

it goes on to say "these can be freely changed using the preset's Program Change parameters".

That is is what I did or tried to do. I set channel 2 to send one PC and channel 3 to send another. The Axe is on channel one and does respond. The external devices do not.
Both devices are set to the aproppriate midi channel to receive.

doesn't make sense?

I turned off Axe FX mode temporarily and now the midi mapping seems to work as it should? I don't want to lose the advantages of Axe mode just to get midi mapping to work.

Why is it that Axe mode only xmits one channel while non axe mode can xmit 16 different PGM Changes on 16 different channels?

I responded to your post in the MFC section before I read this post. I can get my mini amp gizmo to receive messages on channel 2 just fine in Axe mode. I wonder if there is a limitation to 2 midi program changes in Axe mode. I am just thinking out loud, though. This is not what I would gather from reading the manual.

I responded to your post in the MFC section before I read this post. I can get my mini amp gizmo to receive messages on channel 2 just fine in Axe mode. I wonder if there is a limitation to 2 midi program changes in Axe mode. I am just thinking out loud, though. This is not what I would gather from reading the manual.

Manual says 16 PC messages per preset. I think I may need to re flash my FW as I can not get even a second midi device to follow in Axe mode. In non Axe mode both POD and Adrenalinn respond. Thanks once again for the info and help!

Back
Top Bottom