• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Sending MIDI Tempo to Axe-Fx II

Alec Barbee

Hey everyone, new forum member here. Looking for advice on externally controlling the tempo of my Axe-Fx II via MIDI.

I'm experimenting with using my Boss DD-500 to send MIDI beat clock (which I've confirmed it is capable of transmitting). Could I connect to the MIDI in of the MFC-101 Mark III, or would I need to connect to the Axe-Fx MIDI in? Are there any settings I need to change on either the MFC-101 or Axe-Fx itself in order to receive MIDI tempo, such as changing from "preset" to "global" tempo in the MIDI page of the I/O menu? Or am I chasing after something that's not possible?

I generally know my way around the Axe-Fx, but I've never used MIDI with it, so... patience with my lack of knowledge would be appreciated! :sweatsmile: Thanks!

vaultnaemsae

Inspired
I can't speak to the MFC-101 (as I don't have one) but sending MIDI CLOCK will work if you connect your DD-500's MIDI OUT port directly to the Axe-Fx II's MIDI IN port. In the "TEMPO" menu you want to choose "USE GLOBAL" to make sure the slave device follows the master device.

Anyway, you can always try the MFC-101 for MIDI THRU -- it might very well work. Let us know how you go.

Top Bottom