Sending MIDI message via Axe over USB

MBure

Hi,
Is anyone out there using Ax Fx II XL + and MFC via Faslink who also sends MIDI message to other devices over USB? ie using program change message or custom MIDI message per preset in MFC, not via IA switch.
I don't get it to work so I loaded "MIDI Monitor" to find out what Axe sent from MIDI Out via USB.
It seems that the only correct MIDI message that comes out is two sysex messages. The others are invalid and completely random, such as "00 00" & "00 03" which is not at all in accordance with where I entered the MFC per preset. All starting at 00 no matter what I entered. It doesn't seem complete messages?
Is it something I'm doing wrong?

I don't have an MFC or Axe Fx II any more, but there is a global option called "MFC Echo" or something like that. From what I remember, this will allow Midi from the MFC to be sent over USB.

Slightly different setup, but I use my MFC mk1 to control my AxeFX II and our lights. The MFC/AxeFX link is a 9 pin midi cable, and the AxeFX/PC link is USB. It took me several tries to get the settings right, and I remember that I had to reset them after a firmware update. It’s worked successfully now for several years, apart from a known Windows problem where you have to reset the USB driver occasionally.

I’ll look up the settings when I next get back into my music room.

Back
Top Bottom