Wish Send midi messages during patch/scene change

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Wish List' started by Ben Harvey, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Ben Harvey

Ben Harvey
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

Pretty self-explanatory. Would be good if the Axe could be programmed to send midi PC/CC messages whenever the preset or scene is changed to control other gear (so you can control this stuff when switching presets via the front panel). Multiple messages on multiple channels would be great.
    Not a massive deal for me but others may find it useful.

There would be a need to turn this off when changing presets/scenes via midi so that it doesn't send to messages (i.e. the first midi messages from the controller and the second generated internally by the Axe-FX)

2. syxx

syxx
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

I would agree that a feature like the AX8 has on per scene PCs would be nice.

3. Jocarios

Jocarios
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

Yes this would be HUGE.... it would allow use to not have to deviate from the IA's to become general IA's.... and we would still do things like control amp channels via midi while jumping between scenes.... this is the only feature missing from the AX8 that I wish was there. Huge feature needed.... for ultimately flexibility in the MFC 101 and AXE fx II XL... that option would allow zero compromise and make the unit that much more flexible to the needs of those using it as a rack fx unit with a real amp, or even going back and forth between real amps and modeling in the same set.

4. yek

yek
    Expand Collapse

There' a reason. Control of other devices is mostly left to the controller. The AX8 is a processor AND foot controller. The Axe-Fx is a processor only.

5. Jocarios

Jocarios
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

But the MFC is a controller.... instead of having the axe fx ii xl, block all other midi data transmitting through from non AXE FX commands in AXE FX mode, it allowed the commands on the different channels to pass through the problem should be solved.

6. yek

yek
    Expand Collapse

Been a while since I used the MFC, but IIRC the MFC lets you send a MIDI command along with main command, doesn't it?

7. Jocarios

Jocarios
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

Only with presets, not scenes, and to do so with scenes you have to turn them into general IA switches, and send the command to go to the scene along with the command to change amp channel , but not natively integrated like the ax8 to where each preset has its scenes and in each scene you could have it going to diff channels . Say in one preset I want a clean amp channel a rythym channel and a lead , globally those will always be there regardless of preset , so if I wanted say a clean channel with variations of effect configs.... I either sacrifice more ia's to general ia's or cannot do it

syxx likes this.
  8. yek

yek
    Expand Collapse

Alrighty.

9. -Hum-

-Hum-
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

Going to bump this one. I just got a midi channel switching amp and this would be super handy. A "Midi block" that sends on selection of a scene or preset to set external amp state.