Send midi data to pedals from internal controllers?

Is there any way to send midi data from the Axefx2's internal controllers to other pedals? Basically I have an ehx HOG2 on the wy, and I'm dreaming up ways i can use the pedal creatively, realizing i can put it through the fx loop and feedback loops to do all kinds of crazy stuff. An then it occured to me that because of it's midi functionality i could possibly use the envelope controller to get a nice fade on the filter alongside the freeze+glizz mode, or use the lfo's to vary the amounts of particular voices, or even sequence the whammy, if i can get this kind of midi data out of the axe. Thanks for any answers anyone might have!

I think you'll have to controller that with some 3rd party midi controller that is driving both the Axefx and the HOG2.

I'd heard it sends midi-clock? Might be thinking in reverse and it only accepts it, anyways it got my hopes up it might send some other midi too. I'd figured it was a long shot, but I'm still crossing my fingers cliff shows up and makes my day :p

This is not possible using the Axe-Fx or MFC-101, or any other modern guitar hardware device that I know of.

You might look into modular synthesizer components and CV-to-MIDI, but you'd probably do better using a computer running Live to control both thew Axe-FX and the HOG at the same time.

Yeah, I knew I'd have the option of controlling them from the pc, would be cool if it was in the box though :p I'll be receiving the fcb-1010 i bought pretty soon here, andi definitely will be ablk to use the expression pedal from that on the hog, its just the main use i imagine it for needs my foot for another pedal, so i wanted an lfo or a envelope filter... i suppose i could try doing both pedals with one foot, or sitting down and using a pedal on each foot haha, but i guess a simpler solution for the particular effect would just be putting the hog and the filter on a parallel path and sweeping the filter with the envelope controller.

Anyways that got very off topic as far as this post. Thanks for confirming it one way or another, now i can dream in different directions and wait for the mail :p

This is not possible using the Axe-Fx or MFC-101, or any other modern guitar hardware device that I know of.

You might look into modular synthesizer components and CV-to-MIDI, but you'd probably do better using a computer running Live to control both thew Axe-FX and the HOG at the same time.

I agree that Live is probably the way to go today.

Back in the day (before Live), the Lexicon MPX-1 was a good tool to control MIDI rigs. It had a lot of features built into its MIDI output. It was often dismissed due to its hard-to-use interface, but I didn't think it was all that bad. Just required some good quality time with the manual.

Interesting idea. I think it would be very cool to use Live to do a bunch of automation, including scripted continuous control over my guitar parameters. None of my bands use backing tracks, and we don't have a click running, so this would be a significant change to our approach. I haven't messed around with it yet, but can see how powerful it would be.

None of my bands use backing tracks, and we don't have a click running, so this would be a significant change to our approach. I haven't messed around with it yet, but can see how powerful it would be.

I think it's real godsend. We are starting to do this, and moving to control all our gear with Ableton. This allows to do things not possible without automation, we can move freely on the stage, well, advantages are numerous.

It's important though to be prepared in case things go wrong. :)

Back
Top Bottom