shawngs

Please implement the ability to send midi clock out. There’s a tap tempo BUILT INTO THE FC-12/Axe FX 3 and it’s ridiculous that you cant use the FC-12 tap tempo to send midi clock to an external device in your rack. The only option currently is to purchase a third party footswitch and use that to send tap tempo to your AXE FX 3 and your other device. This means you have to run both power and a midi cable to your pedalboard instead of just using the FC-12. The Line 6 Helix can do it, the Kemper can do it, Eventide pedals can do it, why cant Fractal?

+1

You can (if you sacrifice a CS to the purpose) send tap tempo on a CC# to downstream devices, which may help. Kinda wish the tap tempo switch itself could send tap tempo on a chosen CC#, so you don't have to waste one of the 6 CS just to use its CS MIDI function....

+1

Wrestled with this issue ever since my first Axe FX, which was one of the earlier Axe FX II units. Seemed an odd oversight to me, even then. Even more so that it's still missing after so many great improvements have been made over the years.

+1 to this. i just found out I can't control tempo for my pedals via the Axe FX3 even though it has a MIDI out port. This is kinda absurd that this minor function is not included in this beast of a computer. what gives???

I agree with @unix-guy in this case. I don't find it as frustrating as apparently others do, but it sure would be a cool and usefully feature! I am into a looping project with a friend of mine, and for that we just use his looper to allign the boxes. So I don't use the tap tempo for that spesific project. But it sure would open alot of new doors if the axe could send midi beatclock!

I e dreamt of the axe beeing able to send OSC midi, midi beatclock and have the metronome on available on all outputs. So I wish! 🤞🤞🤞

+1

Please implement the ability to send midi clock out. There’s a tap tempo BUILT INTO THE FC-12/Axe FX 3 and it’s ridiculous that you cant use the FC-12 tap tempo to send midi clock to an external device in your rack. The only option currently is to purchase a third party footswitch and use that to send tap tempo to your AXE FX 3 and your other device. This means you have to run both power and a midi cable to your pedalboard instead of just using the FC-12. The Line 6 Helix can do it, the Kemper can do it, Eventide pedals can do it, why cant Fractal?
Keeping the dream alive. This is at the bottom of the front page of AXEIII wish list, here hoping to make it pop up more and more to get attention.

If it's possible, it'd be great to be able to send midi clock data. My microcosm is perfect in the loop of the axe, and it would be icing on the cake to be able to sync them up.

+1

Yeah, again, seems like an odd oversight, after all this time.

I expect that the problem is that the effort to implement it is disproportionate to the size of the group of users who'd benefit from it. This seems especially likely given that the crowd that wants to use MIDI Clock at all is divided into two groups: One group whose use-case receives it the MIDI Clock signal from an external source; and the other, which wants to use the Axe FX III to transmit it. So this "ask" is only relevant to the latter group, which is probably the smaller of the two.

That said, the Axe FX III is such a brilliant, multifunctional device already. This feature just fits.

Feels overdue.

Many things can process a CC message as Tap Tempo. Adding a CC# selector to the Tap Tempo button would likely be easier and send a lot less data than the constant stream of MIDI Clock....

Back
Top Bottom