Implemented Send "Input Boost" state to the pedalboard

GTR - AREA14

Sending external control information of the state of “Input Boost” to an external pedalboard (ex. Mastermind GT22)

This does not require a change to the firmware of the III.

- Assign an external controller to Input Boost on the Axe-Fx.
- Assign a button on the GT/22 to that external controller. Turn on SEND ON PRESET CHANGE and UPDATE ON PRESET CHANGE.
- The button is now sync'd.

It works!
But it keeps the same state even when I change the scene.
Example:
At a certain time, while playing with Scene1, I enable the Input Boost.
When I recall Scene2 I don't want it, but it remains enabled...
(and Scene2 don't was saved with the Input Boost enabled.)

This does not require a change to the firmware of the III.

- Assign an external controller to Input Boost on the Axe-Fx.
- Assign a button on the GT/22 to that external controller. Turn on SEND ON PRESET CHANGE and UPDATE ON PRESET CHANGE.
- The button is now sync'd.

I still have this issue that when I enable the boost and then change presets it will sometimes reset the state and sometimes will not even though I thought it should always reset on program changes.

Here's the original post

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...across-presets-its-back-in-fw-4-and-5.147435/

@chris I sent a video to support about this and still seems to be there in FW 5. Any ideas?

MM

It works!
But it keeps the same state even when I change the scene.
Example:
At a certain time, while playing with Scene1, I enable the Input Boost.
When I recall Scene2 I don't want it, but it remains enabled...
(and Scene2 don't was saved with the Input Boost enabled.)

That's how it works with parameters which are controlled by external controllers.

While I don't own or operate that particular midi pedal, in this situation, I would send the midi command for the boost, when the scene is selected - to be assured its state in any given situation, rather than relying on the III reporting the state to my midi pedal.

That's how it works with parameters which are controlled by external controllers.

When whatever block is inserted in a scene and its status is changed, the status is transmitted to the external pedal board, but for the "Input boost" it is not so.
The on-off status follows the stored scene, but when the scene is changed, the status is not transmitted to the external pedal board. RJM GT22.
Is this right so?

Back
Top Bottom