Selling on Reverb.com - Your approach to feedback?

Jape

Howdy folks!

I'm sure this has been asked here before, but my search skills are apparently failing me.

I've never sold on Reverb (or anywhere on the net), am purging a bunch of gear, and have have shipped quite a few items this last week. I'm staring at my 0 reviews and am curious to your approach on:

1. Leaving buyer feed back.
a. immediately when payment clears​
b. after they leave feedback for seller​
c. around the day of expected delivery (hoping it will remind them to respond in kind)​
d. other​

2. Receiving seller feedback
a. do nothing - they either leave it or they don't​
b. politely ask after they've had a week or two with the item​
c. follow up message a week or two after delivery just saying thanks and let me know if I could have improved listing or transaction​
d. other​

Thanks!

I have taken the approach of leaving feedback for the buyer once their payment clears. As far as receiving feedback from the buyer, I send them a message when I ship and politely ask that they leave feedback once they receive the item and have a chance to look it over. It varies as to responses, some leave feedback right away, some will leave feedback in a week or two, some never leave feedback. When I purchase something I always leave feedback and hope that it will be reciprocated by others.

as a buyer: soon as I've recieved and tested... but recently I've decided I'm not leaving feedback as a seller until some time has passed. This is primarily due to a few experiences I've had where it became my job to do tech support. Folks who will profess they know all about the item you sell but then get it and follow up with a hundred emails saying it doesn't work and it becomes up to you to figure out what they are doing wrong or risk a return and bad feedback.
If I buy something, and it's not working... I assume I'm doing it wrong and research... not so with most.

as a buyer: soon as I've recieved and tested... but recently I've decided I'm not leaving feedback as a seller until some time has passed. This is primarily due to a few experiences I've had where it became my job to do tech support. Folks who will profess they know all about the item you sell but then get it and follow up with a hundred emails saying it doesn't work and it becomes up to you to figure out what they are doing wrong or risk a return and bad feedback.
If I buy something, and it's not working... I assume I'm doing it wrong and research... not so with most.
Same here. I never leave feedback fo a buyer until I am sure they are happy with the purchase. Too many scammers & liars that will say it wasn't as described or never delivered etc.

used to be you didn't have to worry... but now the scammers know the rules better than anyone
Yep. The other thing I have done is set a restriction on my FedEx account so they can't re-route the package after it's been shipped & then claim they never got it. Fractal does this too. As usual, a minority of people screw things up for everyone!

Same here. I never leave feedback fo a buyer until I am sure they are happy with the purchase. Too many scammers & liars that will say it wasn't as described or never delivered etc.

This.

Selling: I give it a minimum of 2 weeks AFTER the full transaction has completed. Too many 'buyers remorse...I want to send it back' people out there (who will make things up...bad neck tenon, finish damage...whatever). Reverb is annoying, since I receive the most horrible 'offers' on selling. I list at 2k, and someone will offer $559 for it. <sigh> That must work one or two times, since it happens all the time.

Buying: I'll post 1 day after I've received it, and run <whatever> through its paces. Only bought 2 things on there, and both were exactly as advertised.

Selling I don’t leave it till they do or it’s been a while. Bad experience with a high end item before. Buying when I get it and decide to keep.

Funny how my old curmudgeon gut has been telling me the same thing you guys are saying, but everywhere I google seems to say the opposite.

... I list at 2k, and someone will offer $559 for it. <sigh> That must work one or two times, since it happens all the time.
Probably stating the obvious to you veterans, but I did check a box that auto declines low ball offers. I think under 68%? Still annoying that they even try though.
Buying: I'll post 1 day after I've received it, and run <whatever> through its paces. Only bought 2 things on there, and both were exactly as advertised.
That would be my approach on purchases. Run it through and finish same or next day.
Just got my first on one delivered this morning. Yay!

Selling: as soon as I receive the payment
Buying: when I verify the item. Unless the seller has not provided feedback. In that case, I will not provide feedback

The customer is always the priority

Selling: as soon as I receive the payment
Buying: when I verify the item. Unless the seller has not provided feedback. In that case, I will not provide feedback

Same.

Some sellers wait until they're nagged with reminders on reverb I guess. I've gotten them two weeks after I've bought something. It's annoying, but if they don't leave feedback, I'm not leaving it.

I've luckily not had to deal with a difficult buyer yet.

The whole feedback thing is pretty much BS. It's like any other online review, it's a 5 or a 1, except people don't want to leave 1s due to retaliation.

The whole feedback thing is pretty much BS. It's like any other online review, it's a 5 or a 1, except people don't want to leave 1s due to retaliation.
I like the way AirBNB does it. Neither party can see the others' review until after you've both posted them - less chance for retaliation that way.

Also, you can leave both a public and a private review - so for example if you like the people and the room and don't want to leave a bad review but you do want to make a comment about something.

Back
Top Bottom