Selling on Fractal website?

Yeah sadly it's a mess out there. I'm still holding onto my II XL and MFC-101 because I really don't want to deal with the minefield of selling online. I've had pretty decent luck with craigslist and in-person cash only deals in the past so I'll probably go that route at some point. During a pandemic is probably not the best time for in person meet ups with strangers, so I'll likely ride it out a while longer.

I've read that some police departments have even set up places on site were people can meet to make sales transactions in relative safety. You'd think people would have to be pretty balls out or just plain crazy to try some shady scam in the lobby of a police station. Sadly, I wouldn't put it past some folks though.

There are also escrow services out there online that will hold payment and mediate any disputes between buyers and sellers, but they are typically fee based and not terribly cheap. Of course, if you're selling a couple grand worth of high end gear, $50 or so for piece of mind is not a huge price to pay.

I have sold my Ultra, AxeFX 1,axefx II, Axefx XL, Axefx XL+ and 2 AX8's on this website. Never an issue. All thru paypal. I get that not every website is like this one. But the op is asking about this one......................................So???????????????????????

The key when selling online is to check feedback and participation. Don't buy from or sell to anyone that doesn't participate in the forum. Don't buy or sell on Reverb or eBay to someone with no or negative feedback.

Interact E-Transfer. Once sent, it cannot be reversed.
I sold an Behringer X32 producer in Calgary, shipped to Toronto, he transferred the money after I sent him pic of it ready to ship at the post office. Only once I had the money, I let it ship. I also had him pay shipping and insurance, and told him once I got the money, it's no longer my concern as he declined shipping insurance.

absolutely no issues with E-Transfer. also no Paypal fees. no 3rd party skimming your sale.

I believe the only limitation is a daily limit of $3000.00

never let anything go without first receiving the funds.

I sold an Behringer X32 producer in Calgary, shipped to Toronto, he transferred the money after I sent him pic of it ready to ship at the post office. Only once I had the money, I let it ship. I also had him pay shipping and insurance, and told him once I got the money, it's no longer my concern as he declined shipping insurance.

absolutely no issues with E-Transfer. also no Paypal fees. no 3rd party skimming your sale.

Totally agree

Canada only, yes?

Yeah sadly it's a mess out there. I'm still holding onto my II XL and MFC-101 because I really don't want to deal with the minefield of selling online. I've had pretty decent luck with craigslist and in-person cash only deals in the past so I'll probably go that route at some point. During a pandemic is probably not the best time for in person meet ups with strangers, so I'll likely ride it out a while longer.

I've read that some police departments have even set up places on site were people can meet to make sales transactions in relative safety. You'd think people would have to be pretty balls out or just plain crazy to try some shady scam in the lobby of a police station. Sadly, I wouldn't put it past some folks though.

I know what you mean, about not having much confidence in "selling online ",I have lots of Fractal gear from where I upgraded every time a new product came out, that I will end up keeping it looks like .

Back
Top Bottom