Selling on Fractal website?

I have sold on Reverb, but they are sucking more fees now. Have bought and sold a few items on this forum, but would only consider that with users who have been around for a while and seem to have a solid interaction. Bought my number one Tom Anderson off a guy here.

I have bought gear from multible members of this forum and paid with paypal, and so far they have all been top notch transactions. I think this forum draws a little better crowed then some forums, and gear sale sites.

There's not.

Send to paypal confirmed address with delivery confirmation and a signature, and a Goods & Services payment- there's absolutely no way to get scammed.
What if they change their delivery address with the courier or say the item was damaged or not as advertised not to mention the time one has to wait for your money to come through?

There's not.

Send to paypal confirmed address with delivery confirmation and a signature, and a Goods & Services payment- there's absolutely no way to get scammed.

Ummm... dead wrong. I’ve been scammed twice via PayPal. Just like every other selling platform on the internet it’s easy to take advantage of a seller because eBay, PayPal, reverb, etc sides with the buyer even though you can prove they ran a scam.

What if they change their delivery address with the courier or say the item was damaged or not as advertised not to mention the time one has to wait for your money to come through?

That's not possible- they can't change their address- if they did- you'd be covered because you sent it to the right place

say it's damaged/not advertised there's that risk- but in most cases those aren't scams- get the item back, sell it to someone else

That's not possible- they can't change their address- if they did- you'd be covered because you sent it to the right place

say it's damaged/not advertised there's that risk- but in most cases those aren't scams- get the item back, sell it to someone else

Wrong again. Not sure why you're trying to defend the corrupt on-line selling platforms and payment media other than you probably work for one of them but you're FOS. I've been scammed twice, my brother got scammed once and my best friend got scammed once. ALL, via Paypal. Just STFU. You have no idea what you're talking about UNLESS you WORK for the scam artists. Then it now makes sense why you're trying to defend them.

Last edited:
Thanks you've just confirmed my anxiety to sell with PayPal to an unknown source. Cash is king in this situation.

I use eBay to sell all my gear. I know, everyone hates the fees, but piece of mind, and a safe transaction means everything. I always require PayPal only and USA only. So far after many years selling on eBay, no problems. 🎸😀😷✈️

Wrong again. Not sure why you're trying to defend the corrupt on-line selling platforms and payment media other than you probably work for one of them but you're FOS. I've been scammed twice, my brother got scammed once and my best friend got scammed once. ALL, via Paypal. Just STFU. You have no idea what you're talking about UNLESS you WORK for the scam artists. Then it now makes sense why you're trying to defend them.

Be specific with your examples

Paypal is a perfectly safe platform when you 1. use it right and 2 follow the 3 simple rules for buyer and seller protection

It really is a shame that we should even have to worry about getting scammed. If some one wants to scam you they will, it really does not matter how you pay or how you advertise, ship, deliver, meet at a music store. Some times you just have to try and enjoy life, less worrying. for those that feel every one is out to get you, you should just stay home in the dark.

Thanks you've just confirmed my anxiety to sell with PayPal to an unknown source. Cash is king in this situation.

Do you mean give up on selling online and instead sell in person? Selling online with PayPal is a nightmare of scams. Everything from claiming the package is empty to swapping a damaged item for the good one that was shipped is widespread for the simple reason that PayPal almost always sides with the buyer. However, selling in person is no picnic either. You have a much smaller audience you’re selling to, and Craigslist buyers are notorious for reneging on agreements or wasting your time in various ways. Unfortunately there is no fool proof method for selling right now.

It really is a shame that we should even have to worry about getting scammed. If some one wants to scam you they will, it really does not matter how you pay or how you advertise, ship, deliver, meet at a music store. Some times you just have to try and enjoy life, less worrying. for those that feel every one is out to get you, you should just stay home in the dark.
I guess you've never been scammed?

Back
Top Bottom