Sell my Axe II and get the III?

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
Seriously considering this soon. Initially I was planning on next year as I just dropped bunch of cash on an Apollo interface. So I sell the II now and get a decent price for it or wait til next year and it depreciates more? conundrum. If you were me, what would you do? I'm in Canada so I get raked over the coals with the CAD to USD and other thing I worry about is the import duties. With that said, i wonder if its best to order the FC 6/12 at the same time as the Axe III to save on one time shipment/import duties???

Do it. Had the II for almost 7 years. Loved it and it did everything I wanted. The III takes it to the next level. I really thought it would only be a slight upgrade in terms of sound but I was very wrong. Everything about it is just better. The FC controllers are much easier to program too. You won’t regret it. I’d be shocked if you did.

Sell the II and buy a used Mk I of the Axe III? and an FC? The Forum is a great platform to buy and sell your gear. I've sold several pieces here and have always had a positive experience.

Just get a used III. They're out there. Mine is from Ottawa. Then wait and look for a used FC6 (don't overpay).

Never sell your previous gear. Because more is more! And because it can be useful to still have your previous gear available to you. Sell the rig you had before that instead. :grinning:

Hi Chewie,
I would do it!~ Hell I just did it and I'm ready to do it again.
Thanks
Pauly

Seriously considering this soon. Initially I was planning on next year as I just dropped bunch of cash on an Apollo interface. So I sell the II now and get a decent price for it or wait til next year and it depreciates more? conundrum. If you were me, what would you do? I'm in Canada so I get raked over the coals with the CAD to USD and other thing I worry about is the import duties. With that said, i wonder if its best to order the FC 6/12 at the same time as the Axe III to save on one time shipment/import duties???

These are my near future plans. I've hand my fx 2 since 2013. It's been an incredible unit but I've been wanting to upgrade to the fx 3.

I considered keeping both of them but I can't seem to justify keeping my fx2 if I won't use it.

Random question, what do you guys consider a reasonable selling price for the fx 2 would be?

These are my near future plans. I've hand my fx 2 since 2013. It's been an incredible unit but I've been wanting to upgrade to the fx 3.

I considered keeping both of them but I can't seem to justify keeping my fx2 if I won't use it.

Random question, what do you guys consider a reasonable selling price for the fx 2 would be?

Whatever they've actually been selling for in your area. If it's a base 2, probably $1100usd? Ive only really seen 2xl's bundled with mfc's etc, around $1300usd.

Had the II XL, it was great but I love the III. Go for it but maybe wait for black friday? I dunno with the supply side issues lately.

Back
Top Bottom