• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Self oscillating delay hold

Carmacore

It would be nice if the hold function on the delay could privovide an EL Capistan like self oscillation sound. I´ve read that some of you guys are using kind of work around procedure to put the feedback to the limit for this purpose. But it feels not quite wright to me.

simeon

Axe-Master
instad of attaching your external footswitch to the hold parameter, attach it to feedback and input gain, so input gain is at zero, while feedback is at whatever value is necessary to go into self oscillation without a runaway increase in volume

Ant Music

Power User
instad of attaching your external footswitch to the hold parameter, attach it to feedback and input gain, so input gain is at zero, while feedback is at whatever value is necessary to go into self oscillation without a runaway increase in volume
Can you elaborate on this? I'm a little confused as to how this works.....

simeon

Axe-Master
if i make a patch on my axe fx and use external 1 for control, will you be able to load and test it?

simeon

Axe-Master
ok. external 1 controls the feedback level, so toe down is 100% (self oscillation). external 1 also controls the input gain, so toe down is 0%, which means you can play at the same time as the delay is oscillating, without feeding the delay any more input.

play normally with toe up and then go toe down (while you're playing something)

the compressor is acting as a limiter, so you don't blow your speakers :)

Attachments

Top Bottom