Selecting a channel and changing bypass state at the same time

JCBitB

Inspired
I have a filter block set up with three switches set to select a different channel. I used to use the switches to also turn the block on or off, and that behavior has changed after a firmware update. What option should I be looking for in axe edit?

I'm only seeing this option on 2nd press. How do I enable it on first press?
EFFECT: CHANNEL SELECT This creates a footswitch that changes a specific effect block to a specific channel. Effect – Selects which effect you want the switch to control . Channel Select – Designates the desired Channel: A, B, C, or D (and E, F for the Multiplexer) . 2nd Press – This parameter is off by default but offers two options . The “Smart Bypass” option allows Channel switches to serve double duty by engaging or bypassing an effect . To use this option, stomp again on the footswitch for a currently selected channel . This allows you to set up separate switches for different channels without the need for a separate “Bypass” Switch . The other option for 2nd Press is “Previous Channel” . This allows toggling back to whichever channel was selected prior to using this footswitch to change it . €If 2nd Press is set to “OFF” or “Previous Channel” The LED ring is bright when the designated Channel is active, dim when it is not active, and off if the effect is bypassed or not found in the current preset . €If 2nd Press is set to “Smart Bypass” The LED ring is bright when the designated Channel is active, dim when it is not active -- OR if the effect bypassed, and OFF if the effect is not found in the current preset .

fw 19.02 & 5.06

Are you using all four channels, or just three?
just 3. One for a 3db boost, one for 6db, and then a -8db for playing background stuff when people are speaking.

For the record, setting 2nd press to smart bypass basically returned it to old behavior. It makes it sound like the first press selects the channel and the 2nd activates it, but nope. First press activates it, 2nd press turns it off.
Could you post a preset and your FC layouts?
Eh, its murky territory there. I bought a preset and tweaked it for my guitar so i'm using different amps and cabs, but the delays verbs dirt and comp are all from the paid preset, so I better not

Eh, its murky territory there. I bought a preset and tweaked it for my guitar so i'm using different amps and cabs, but the delays verbs dirt and comp are all from the paid preset, so I better not

Maybe saving a version of the preset erasing all blocks except the filter block would do it, just to check the behavior.

just 3. One for a 3db boost, one for 6db, and then a -8db for playing background stuff when people are speaking.

For the record, setting 2nd press to smart bypass basically returned it to old behavior. It makes it sound like the first press selects the channel and the 2nd activates it, but nope. First press activates it, 2nd press turns it off.

I have a similar situation with only three channels required. Here is what I do:

1. Set Channel D to a completely flat curve. i.e. no filtering going on.
  2. Set up your other three channels (A,B,C) the way you would like to have filtering occur
  3. Set all four channels to "Scene Ignore"
  4. On your three FC switches, Select Effect, Channel Toggle, Primary Channel to A for SW#1, B for SW#2, C for SW#3. Set All secondary channels to D.
  5. Set bypass for each channel to off. ie. the filter block is always on.
  6. Now, the filter block will toggle between one of three filter settings (A,B,C) and no filtering at all (D).

Last edited:

It's working perfectly as it is, and as you describe it. I am able to set four footswitches to each turn on which ever channel of the effect I want, say a delay block. It gives me four different delay settings I can turn on or off with one press of the switch. I set up one layout for four drives, four delays, or up to 4 channels of what ever block you want, and it all works perfectly. It really opened up all kinds of possibilities.

(I am not talking about scene ignore. I'm not even using that yet. I tried it and can see the benefits in some situations, but none that I need at present.)

Back
Top Bottom