Wish Selectable EQ type in Drive Block

stink

Experienced
Wish we had a selectable EQ available in the drive block similar to the one available amp block. Even better would be to have a choice of either a graphic or PEQ available in the drive block....

Last edited:
Ummm... Do you mean that you can enable or bypass the existing graphic EQ? Or are you not aware there already an EQ in the Drive block?

Yes...just like the ones available in the AMP block....or maybe an option for PEQ as well...one less block to put either in front or behind a drive block
my theory about why fractal doesn’t do this is that it would take more CPU for something that most people aren’t using

Arent there 4 eq blocks to negate this?
There is a built-in GEQ in the Drive block. This makes it very nice to be able to easily switch channels in the Drive block and have the EQ "follow". Aside from Scenes, there's no easy way to do that with a separate EQ block.

@stink - I rarely use the EQ in the Drive block so I'm happy with having it at all. That said, I've got nothing against your wish. I can see it being useful for some. +1

You might want to change your wish title to be "selectable EQ type". As worded, it's confusing.

There is a built-in GEQ in the Drive block. This makes it very nice to be able to easily switch channels in the Drive block and have the EQ "follow". Aside from Scenes, there's no easy way to do that with a separate EQ block.

@stink - I rarely use the EQ in the Drive block so I'm happy with having it at all. That said, I've got nothing against your wish. I can see it being useful for some. +1

You might want to change your wish title to be "selectable EQ type". As worded, it's confusing.
Edited thread topic, good suggestion.

Inside the drive block? No

No, I meant as separate blocks. I use the drive block 8-band sometimes, but if I needed more control I would just add an eq block before or after.

The PEQ/graphic idea is an intriguing one, and I wonder how difficult it would be to implement.

+1

Having both a pre & post EQ in the drive block would be great; would make it easier to dial in/out desirable or annoying freqs (respectively) easy.

this and a 20dB gain range in the drive block EQ would end it :skull:
Personally I wish for a PEQ option in the amp block pretty frequently.

Even just a low cut filter that's available alongside any of the existing GEQ choices. Some amps put out a low frequency thunk on high strings at gain. Want to fix that in the amp block itself, because footswitches can't do more than one thing. (Yes I know about scenes ;) )

Back
Top Bottom