Seems everyone left RedWirez "behind"

prometh

Power User
I keep hearing people say that OwnHammer's stuff is "better" than RedWirez.

The only difference besides selection is OwnHammer offers mixes for those who aren't up to creating their... own.

Do as you please, but I prefer being a "chef" with my shit. :)

There are still guys using the RW's. Have you tried any of the newer IR's?? You can create your own with the new OH and Fractal IR's, albeit not to the magnitude you can with RW or OH's previous libraries. I have all the RW... It's the quality of the newer IR's that has set themselves apart, IMO.

The only difference besides selection is OwnHammer offers mixes for those who aren't up to creating their... own.

I love the RW stuff, especially the way it's laid out. I feel like I am in the studio playing with the mic placement and really get a sense for what Placement does to the tone along with all of the mic, and cab options. The one thing that is lacking in RW is the sample length (when compared to OH), however that never mattered in the Axe because it was always truncated to 2048 sample @48Khz. I am hoping that once Cliff gets the UltraRez stuff worked out that RW will give us some new IR's laid out the same way to use with that.

By that definition, the OwnHammer singles don't sound any higher quality to me.

It's subjective and I have nothing against the comparison; I'm just sick of people telling me to "upgrade to OwnHammer". I'm sensing a digital delay coming... ;)

Well, i find them still extremely powerful and useful and they work great in combination with Fractal's IRs or OwnHammer....

YOu are assuming they are behind, but they are not.

It's subjective and I have nothing against the comparison; I'm just sick of people telling me to "upgrade to OwnHammer". I'm sensing a digital delay coming... ;)

But do you have the Vintage and Modern packs from OwnHammer? If not, well you are missing A LOT of tone man, trust me, this IRs are just great!

... long slap back... :) Of course it's subjective. Pretty much everything is here... and I'm certainly not telling nor trying to convince you to switch. That's your prerogative. By posting you're after something here. What that is I don't know. You asked me a question and I'm just simply answering. FWIW: For myself I hear a difference but moreover I feel the difference when I play.

Peace.

well i haven't tried the RedWirez Stuff but the OwnHammer is pretty awesome and blows me away all ways that's my experience ;D

By posting you're after something here. What that is I don't know.
Just to help get the word out that RedWirez doesn't suck and is still worth checking out. With that, I still need to listen to OwnHammer's new mixes for new ideas.

Just to help get the word out that RedWirez doesn't suck and is still worth checking out. With that, I still need to listen to OwnHammer's new mixes for new ideas.

The interesting thing about the new own hammer iRs is that you get all of them in 3 power amp versions and they do make a difference, a good difference. Another good thing is that you get to experiment with a lot of speakers, with in the Axe FX you can mix any 2 or 4 IRs for the ultimate tone experimentation!

Perhaps it is the idea that Ownhammer is still striving to their improve their product, possibly making it "better".

I haven't heard of anything new from Redwirez for quite some time.

The latest and the greatest is not necessarily so, but having it brought up constantly in threads because of something new being released is great advertising...sells product and if it is good perpetuates the noise.

RW don't suck. They never did. Prior to all the new IR's popping up (including the free Axe captured/posted IR's) the RW were my preferred weapon of choice when I had my Ultra and when I first got the II. But as with the Standard and the Ultra... out came the II. Same type of thing with IR's. Progression is good thing.

RW don't suck. They never did. Prior to all the new IR's popping up (including the free Axe captured/posted IR's) the RW were my preferred weapon of choice when I had my Ultra and when I first got the II. But as with the Standard and the Ultra... out came the II. Same type of thing with IR's. Progression is good thing.
See, you're saying that OH is an upgrade from RW, when it isn't; they're different products. Final mix vs components for a custom mix.

with in the Axe FX you can mix any 2 or 4 IRs for the ultimate tone experimentation!
RW's mixIR2 is even more powerful.. saves so much time when mixing lots of IRs

you love the RW, we get it. For MY tastes I haven't heard anything from them that sounds as good as the ownhammer or the newer fractal offerings, but again, it's all about personal taste.

you love the RW, we get it. For MY tastes I haven't heard anything from them that sounds as good as the ownhammer or the newer fractal offerings, but again, it's all about personal taste.
Because you have to mix them yourself. Using one RedWirez IR is not a mix. This is what I think many do not get.

Back
Top Bottom