Wish Security code unlock

HarrySound

Power User
On boot up of the Axe FX you would be promoted to enter in a custom user specified button combination from any of the 12 front face buttons to "unlock" the device.

Seems like it would resolve in a lot of support cases for people who forgot their code, and certainly wouldn’t prevent theft etc

Might work to keep the other guitarist from playing with your rig though lol

A number of artists have asked for this. One concern is that people would lock their units and forget the code. That would be a total nightmare. I usually suggest just a locking rack case.

Last edited:
“‘sorry we can’t add this feature because people have trouble remembering a sequence of 4 buttons”

What if when setting the code up you had to put it in 10 Times. That’ll learn ya!

A security code feature would be great...maybe a recovery process on AXE Edit some how...recovery text or something

I would prefer that this was not implemented. For me it would be a pain without value.
I like the padlock on the rack case option.
I'm sure it would be a function that you could choose to use or not use.

Personally, I wouldn't use it unless I found myself in a situation where my presets could be messed with or something, like a shared studio space or whatever.

Personally, I wouldn't use it unless I found myself in a situation where my presets could be messed with or something, like a shared studio space or whatever.

A no-code screen lock function might be useful to prevent accidental changes from someone bumping a knob or button. Maybe activate it by a utility menu option and unlock by pressing both ENTER and EXIT together.

If this feature is built in, the same people whom it's supposed to protect against could now actively lock any Axe-Fx III that hadn't setup the feature. It's like a built in WannaCry option.

On boot up of the Axe FX you would be promoted to enter in a custom user specified button combination from any of the 12 front face buttons to "unlock" the device.
No, I think the option to enable "Find My AxeFx" would make more sense

I'd rather see a control lock like you can do on most appliances. Hold the Exit button for 3 seconds and the front panel locks out completely, hold it for 3 seconds again to restore functionality. This would be great for me (although on the 2, since I probably won't be buying a 3 for a few years to come, oh well) because my toddler is constantly screwing with me.

I can also see a use for the original idea, and I agree you could probably do something with AxeEdit for the case of forgotten codes. Although I also see how this sort of thing on something like an AxeFx could be a complete nightmare for support, compared to something like a phone or any other password protected device these days. Granted, it could be something like being able to wipe the unit clean through fractalbot even if you don't have the code, so the onus is on the user to keep his device backed up if he's gonna use the passcode. I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom