Securing your wireless pack to your strap

scottp

Fractal Fanatic
I have a Shure GLXD16.
I have a complicated method of attaching the transmitter to my strap, so that it runs parallel to the strap.
I'm looking for a simple solution to try and change it.
I need the transmitter to be secured on the strap so the antenna and input cable run parallel to the strap so I can get it on and off easy.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Athletic tape, done. I use the same strap with quick release's to swap guitars. Also put a 1/4 silent switch end on the GLXD16 cable. I have the floor stomp box version that I use for mute/tune.

I used to use tennis wristbands on my Sennheiser units. Thread a dimarzio straplock strap through the clip contraption on the back of the TX, then slide the wrist band over the top. Then I could just unclip and switch guitars easily. Slipknot have used condoms in the past if I remember correctly, good for water proofing.

Look for the blue thing on the strap in the picture.

Attachments

• 43C45B18-EBD6-44F5-BBBD-E73A3CDCB62A.jpeg
    43C45B18-EBD6-44F5-BBBD-E73A3CDCB62A.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 49
I got the Levy's one to check out.
It looks and fits the Shure GLXD great.
I have not used it in a performance yet.
Only thing I don't like is the cable and antenna have to face upwards, where I was looking to have them facing down, towards the guitar.

Have a few of the neotech pouches. Work great, also in the past have used beer can koozies and some gaff tape.

I used to strap my wireless to my strap, but changing guitars mid set was a real PITA.
So I took to just clipping the unit to my pants belt and using the age-old method of slipping the cord through the back of the strap to keep it out of the way.
Much easier. I can change guitars without stress, and I don't have that "heavy" lump on my strap.

I use that neoprene thing @GtarLover linked to. Works great with my Line6 pack and fits on the various straps I use without any issues.
Ditto for this. I have one of those pouches on each of my guitar straps, and it makes it super easy to deal with the transmitter. I like the fact that it blends in to my black guitar strap, and it protects the unit against bumps / scrapes.

I used to strap my wireless to my strap, but changing guitars mid set was a real PITA.
So I took to just clipping the unit to my pants belt and using the age-old method of slipping the cord through the back of the strap to keep it out of the way.
Much easier. I can change guitars without stress, and I don't have that "heavy" lump on my strap.
I do a similar thing. I change guitars a lot during a gig and just keep my wireless transmitter in my back pocket. I use my volume pedal to mute between songs and during guitar changes. Once it's muted, I just unplug the guitar, stick the plug in my pocket while switching guitars, and then plug it into the next guitar after I've put it on. The whole process takes only about 5 or 6 seconds.

Rock it ZZ Top style...
ZZ-Top_8-20-13_DTE101_WEB1.jpg

I've used both the Neoprene and Levy's with my GLX, and have them upside down so the cable comes out the bottom.

I used to use tennis wristbands on my Sennheiser units. Thread a dimarzio straplock strap through the clip contraption on the back of the TX, then slide the wrist band over the top. Then I could just unclip and switch guitars easily. Slipknot have used condoms in the past if I remember correctly, good for water proofing.

Look for the blue thing on the strap in the pi
Necessity is the mother of all invention, great idea on a budget

Back
Top Bottom