Second video. Some New Country (Welsh style).

simeon

Axe-Master
it's been 10 years since we moved here from south east england. best thing we ever did. a new country tune for a new home.

really, the goal for this one was to start with a very simple idea and then just make it work...

audio file is here, if you just want to listen....(btw, the soundcloud thumbnail is a pic of the valley where we live)

Very nice writing and beautiful sounds. On your first video you asked for input so I assume you are looking for constructive critique. I’m a pro photographer and would suggest that you might want to use your exposure compensation to turn down about 2/3 of a stop or so as you are overexposing because you’re wearing all black. The camera thinks its night and tries to brighten the scene. The opposite would hold true if you wore all white. Also, clean your lense of any fingerprints as I notice some slight lense flaring although it could be a more inexpensive lens so may not help. It’s not bad in that regard. Otherwise the video is great and I love the catchiness of your tunes :). Well done!

Very nice work, Simeon, beautiful contrast between the lush sound of the main melody and the slide work on the Telecaster. There is also quite a bevy of wonderful instruments shown throughout the video. There is a tune by Jean Luc Ponty called New Country on his Imaginary Voyage album, but I don't think that poses any problem within the context of sharing your work on Youtube and with this community. Bravo, Simeon! Also, it is a beautiful place where you live!

What an absolutely gorgeous and relaxing song and it goes so well with the scenery. I'm filing this under laid back instrumentals in my library.
Will you be posting any presets?

What an absolutely gorgeous and relaxing song and it goes so well with the scenery. I'm filing this under laid back instrumentals in my library.
Will you be posting any presets?

thanks man!

presets - i wasn't planning on it. they're really simple. just classic marshalls, fender and vox amps with their default speaker types. no advanced tweaks...just dialled in nicely for my guitars. many of them are my live presets.
btw, for the solo in this tune, i used the Buttery amp.

If I had scenery like that I'd never leave home. Digging the song. I really like the layering of parts and instruments.

\m/

Nice job man! Question about that double-cut with P90 - is that a Reverend? I'm thinking about picking up something with P90s one of these days... :)

Back
Top Bottom