Second rehearsal with CLR

javajunkie

The more I play through it the more I like it.

For me it is the ability to easily get feedback with guitar without worrying about high-pitched squeal.

My first gig with it will be the Thursday after next. I am really looking forward to that.

Are you using as your only source (as a backline)?
If so how do your band mates feel about it, can they here you well?
I ask because here in NYC most of the clubs do not normally mike the amps drums ect. and going thru the front of house does not happen much.
This is why I still use amps in the club.
So for me I will need to use the Axe 2 and when my name comes up, the CLR as my backline and not feed it to FOH or to monitors,
It will have to serve me the band and the audience.
Sorry for the long winded question.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

I ask because here in NYC most of the clubs do not normally mike the amps drums ect. and going thru the front of house does not happen much.
So for me I will need to use the Axe 2 and when my name comes up, the CLR as my backline and not feed it to FOH or to monitors,
Thanks,
Chris

If you are on Long Island you can check mine out.
I have a pair of active cabs.
They are great.

Thanks,
Chris

I feed FOH. I use it mainly for guitar/amp interaction.

Java, have you used it in the house of worship yet? How is the quality? I had the passive wedge a few years ago and it was not too good in any sense. Have you been able to compare these to the Rcf?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris, you will have ZERO problems cutting through the drummer. Our drummer is a hard hitter and I had no issue at all cutting through.

Java, have you used it in the house of worship yet? How is the quality? I had the passive wedge a few years ago and it was not too good in any sense. Have you been able to compare these to the Rcf?

I play P&W every week with the CLR and prior to that, over a year and a half or so with the RCF in a gym. Both are excellent in this application, I preferred the CLR overall.

i have not, but I usually don't use a backline for that and use in ears.

both the RCF and the CLR sound great. The CLR seems to cover a wider area and gets musical feedback easier.

Gig went well. What can I say, the CLR did its job admirably. I, on the other hand, was struggling with my headset mic overloading on every cymbal crash. not fun. The CLR worked great w/o a glitch.

I use the powered CLR Cab as my backline and it's awesome. Everyone can hear me (some, more than they'd like)

I am also noticing the more I use it the more I love it. I switched from an RCF 312 A which is pretty heavy on the low end so when I started using the CLR it seemed a bit light in that dept but now I have adjusted to it and like the accuracy of it. I cut through real easily.

Gig went well. What can I say, the CLR did its job admirably. I, on the other hand, was struggling with my headset mic overloading on every cymbal crash. not fun. The CLR worked great w/o a glitch.

Overloading in you iem's? The reason I asked is I have used my DBX IEM which has a lot of controls for compression, etc-
didn't know if that would help at all in your case.

Back
Top Bottom