Second day with the 2...initial impression

boogieman75

Experienced
WOW!

I can't believe how good this unit sounds! Absolutely stellar! For those of you that are still on the fence about purchasing the 2, DO IT! I am so glad I pulled the trigger for this! My next purchase is going to be the MFC for sure! I was a little hesitant to sell the ULTRA and purchase the 2, but when it arrived and I loaded up the PLEXI TREBLE patch, my worries were GONE! AMAZING!!! I was able to NAIL Randy Rhoads's live TRIBUTE tone with a few seconds of Suicide Solution, tone match and a little tweaking. I couldn't believe my ears when I was playing along last night. Will post the patch when I get a chance. :)

I can't wait to try it live this Saturday!

Highest regards,

ONE very satisfied and impressed customer! Thanks again Cliff for an outstanding unit and your service is impeccable!

I received the axe-fx II 3 weeks ago. The sound, feel and quality of the unit are really impressive. I bought the axe-fx mainly for rehearsal and live use as I was tired of carrying my head (bogner shiva) + cab + pedalboard + rack case. I don't regret my purchase a single second.
My bandmate are surprised by the sound quality too.
I am still learning to tweak the axe and I feel like it's a never ending process. I admit that I've never been a tweaker though...
The MFC controller is a must in my opinion if you want to save yourself some time and headaches.
Note for those who are on the fence of buying the Axe-Fx: Be prepared to read A LOT
This forum is so useful too. So, I would like to thank all the members who share their unvaluable experience to newbies like me. This forum is a time saver.

Cool...Randy's live tone was soooooo much better than his studio tone; what are you running for power/speakers??

Cool...Randy's live tone was soooooo much better than his studio tone; what are you running for power/speakers??

I agree! I created the patch through a pair of Yamaha HS80m's. It consists of plus distortion, plexi treble and a tone match block referenced to the opening riff of tribute: suicide solution...no cab block was used! :)

Sounds killer! My AxeII will be here in 4 days! Oh man Ozzy tribute album is one of my all time favs! I play along with Randy on that album all the time. Is there any way you could share your patch you made?

I would really appreciate it!

UPDATE: Had the axe 2 for a few weeks now and I am still completely blown away at what this thing can do. I am pulling out tones I could never achieve, revisiting songs I haven't played in years! It truly has inspired me to play/practice a lot more! I did try using it at one gig and it sounded great! I didn't have a ton of time to tweak it and it was an outdoor event, that I don't think we had the proper PA/power for. Was using a qsc k-12 for stage volume.

Cliff again, thanks for making unattainable tones attainable for all the weekend warrior/bedroom player's of the world who can't crank up old vintage tube amps without risk of deafening everyone in a 5 block radius! :)

Reactions: Ole
Even on days when I don't have time to play, I find myself taking 5 minutes at the end of the night. This box is like an addiction. But, in a good way. :)

I received the axe-fx II 3 weeks ago. The sound, feel and quality of the unit are really impressive. I bought the axe-fx mainly for rehearsal and live use as I was tired of carrying my head (bogner shiva) + cab + pedalboard + rack case. I don't regret my purchase a single second.
My bandmate are surprised by the sound quality too.
I am still learning to tweak the axe and I feel like it's a never ending process. I admit that I've never been a tweaker though...
The MFC controller is a must in my opinion if you want to save yourself some time and headaches.
Note for those who are on the fence of buying the Axe-Fx: Be prepared to read A LOT
This forum is so useful too. So, I would like to thank all the members who share their unvaluable experience to newbies like me. This forum is a time saver.

I don't think the MFC is a must - some good controller is a must, but there are many. I will point out that many Axe users prefer the Liquid Foot controllers, not least because they come with a PC/Mac editor. But they may also be the most versatile, powerful controllers on the market, and they sync with the AXEs perfectly, down to tuner display on the board. Not dissing the MFC, just saying it is one of several very good controllers out there.

Back
Top Bottom