searching for Black Crowes patches...(Harry Joyce amps)

swomack

I am a big fan of the Black Crowes and all their lineups over their history. Being gear freaks themselves they have gone through many amp lines. I am interested in putting together a collection of their different eras.

The one, however, I am most interested in is Rich Robinson's current live setup. This includes three Harry Joyce heads (50 watters I think) and three matching 4x12 cabs. When cranked these amps growl out the most glorious rock sound ever heard (imho). Harry was a key player behind Hiwatt amps and these are similarly built but the sound is definitely not Hiwatt. They have that crisp hi-fi Hiwatt clarity but with much more bottom end. If you have heard one you will know that it is a distinctive amp.

I think I can put together most of the collection myself but I really need help with the Harry Joyce amp. Any input is appreciated.

Sounds like trying the Hi-Watt Sim and digging into the advanced parameter pages might be a good place to start (as well as having a good quality recording and listening system to compare by ear the actual tone to the Axe tone).

My hunch (without having actually tried it), would be the Hi-Watt sim, then trying the Deep switch and the transformer controls... YMMV

TimmyM

Back
Top Bottom