Seamless Preset Switching

A to the T

Experienced
I have an original Axe FX II. I was wondering if upgrading to an XL would give me any performance increase with respect to patch changes?
I really miss not having that feature (including spillover) when switching between presets.
Yes I know that scenes are the way to go but when I'm playing a song that uses 3 different tone match blocks there's no way to use scenes.

If you could somehow link a controller or scene controller to the tone match blocks library then maybe that could work. Based on the way its designed, it seems impossible.

What if Cliff was able to add a feature in the T-Match block that allowed you to load in 5 tone matches into virtual slots 1 thru 5 and then allowed you to assign a controller to that?

Now that would be cool. It would drastically lower my need for seamless preset switching.

are you using tone match and both cab blocks? you can convert tone matches to IRs, and use them in cab blocks, and further, you have a stereo L/R setting for each cab block. In theory, you could have 5 tone matches in one preset (4 as IR conversions, and one bona fide tone match). And isn't there also X/Y per cab block?

I was wondering if upgrading to an XL would give me any performance increase with respect to patch changes?

At this time, the XL and XL+ don't gain you any features or performance over the non-XL* II. So, no.

You can export your TM blocks as IRs and use them in the CAB block. If you use Cab-Lab you can (I think) mix the exported TM with the cabinet IR so you only need one IR to get both your CAB and TM -- just use serial mixing in Cab-Lab.

Back
Top Bottom