SE Asia - Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, ... (in English)

Piing

Axe-Master
It seems that we are few Axe-FX users in South East Asia (At least 3 in Bangkok and 2 in Singapore...) We can use this thread in the case that someone needs assistance.

I am located in Bangkok and I have the skills to replace power-supply boards. I can do it for free, in case of emergency. As far as we know, two units have blown-up in SE Asia. For the sanity of the statistics, I hope that there will be no more in this area 8)

Last edited:
Hi Piing. I'm out in Moo Windmill, in Samut Prakan off King Gaew Road (roughly behind Wat King Gaew). I travel too much for work to gig anymore. Are you playing anywhere in Bangkok?

I have a pretty well stocked studio out here as I'm more interested in recording these days. !m working in IT but I my background is electrical and electronic engineering. NASA taught my Dad how to solder, he taught me ;-) I do a bit of component level repair on the tube amps that I sell and modify. It's not my main job but I am happy to help out friends. I also travel to the USA a few times a year so I may be able to help transport stuff back and forth.

Hi everyone - I'm another SEA Axe-FX maniac living in Singapore (Jurong West, NTU). I bought my first Ultra many years ago and now have upgraded to a II. I also travel internationally a lot for work and vacation (I was just in Bangkok a month ago). I'm happy to help out as I can.

Singapore here! Moved from an Ultra to a II in Dec 2011! We've actually got a little facebook group running with some of the Fractal fraternity in Singapore in it! Definitely game for an Axe-Fest SG!

Keep me in the loop guys - I am in Darwin, Australia, which is only a 4 hour hop to Singapore. It is actually easier and cheaper for me to fly to Singapore than Sydney - no kidding!

I actually grew up in Malaysia, so going back to SE Asia will be like coming home again... I really miss the food !! :D

Hey guys,

I'm in Singapore with an Axe FX II. Very keen on this, hope we can get something going :) I also play every Friday night at Wheels and Wieners with the Axe II and a QSC K10. Come down and say hi if you are free, name drop the fractal forum and the first drink is on me :D

Hong Kong/south china (guangdong) here. Same as cyberferret.. Its cheaper for me to fly HK-BKK rather than to Shanghai or Beijing.
And always trying to have a few "street food nights" in BKK before flying to Sweden 1-2 times per year at least.

And Cyberferret... Yeah, food rocks in Malaysia, stayed there lots some 10 years back when had a malay/chinese gf. Penang my man... Penang... ;)

Axe II user from Mauritius in the Indian ocean here ; once I had to buy a new power supply and a friend bought it for me in Hong Kong. I should have asked him to buy two though, I would feel more safe

Hey Guys,

Recently bought an FM3 and will be moving to SEA soon. Was wondering if a standard plug/voltage converter would work for the FM3?

Back
Top Bottom