SDD Preamp (drive block) vs. dts SDD-3000 pedal

Chadwick

Inspired
Tonight I hooked up my dts SDD-3KP Pre-Amp pedal into the loop of the AXE FX III to compare it to the SDD Preamp drive block. I had my real pedal set attenuation set at +4 OUT and -30 In.

I left the drive block tone and drive controls at 5.00 - all other settings default

The level control on the physical pedal and in the Axe Fx behaved identically from what I tested. I couldn't tell the difference when A/B'ing back and forth.

At 9, 12, 3 o'clock and full blast they sounded exactly the same

.....It's just so cool!

That’s Awesome I’m wanting to try the same thing. I’m still learning new things everyday with the axefxiii. I definitely would love to get the sound I have from my Boss pedals and Peavey dialed into my axefxiii.
I just want to see how close I can get it I’m going to get my pedal board out and see what I can do.

I have the Xotic BB and AC pedals that I actually bought after having tried them out by hooking the axe fx in front of my real fender amps and deciding they were my favourite. When I got them home they sounded exactly the same too.

I'm so glad I don't sound like my peavey amp and boss pedals anymore, but to be fair the amp was a POS! (Bandit 112).
Man I always thought my Buddies bandit 112 amp sounded good he has the same pedals that I have.
But I’m loving the axe fx iii & Fc12 all of the sound I’m getting is Hugh :)
There is so much to choose from and I’m just scratching the surface.
Never had so much sound it’s Awesome

Back
Top Bottom