SD-1 (OD-l) over TS9 all day long for me

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
In the real amp and pedal world I tested real Klons, TS-9 and Maxon pedals and finally settled on the Boss SD-1. Mainly for my real BE100 deluxe and Real Slo100 heads OD-1 in the Blocks has once again kicked the TS9 I used for years right off the signal chain. Does not cut the bass like a TS does. wish someone would have shared that with me a while back.

In the real amp and pedal world I tested real Klons, TS-9 and Maxon pedals and finally settled on the Boss SD-1. Mainly for my real BE100 deluxe and Real Slo100 heads OD-1 in the Blocks has once again kicked the TS9 I used for years right off the signal chain. Does not cut the bass like a TS does. wish someone would have shared that with me a while back.
Interesting. I’ve always felt the SD-1 cut more bass than the Tubescreamer siblings. Maybe I need to do more testing.

Interesting. I’ve always felt the SD-1 cut more bass than the Tubescreamer siblings. Maybe I need to do more testing.
While testing the real pedals it was pointed out that the SD-1 was Boss's answer to the TS back in the early 80's and it did not cut bass. Likely a lot of more detailed info out there. For me while using the TS, I was always trying different things to dial out that mid hump -problem was not the hump it was the bass cut in addition that was a bit annoying.
SD-1 provides ample cut in the mids without that top end

I am digging the HeartPedal 11 these days.

Back
Top Bottom