Scrolling through IRs in Cab-Lab (VST) in the DAW?

Hey everyone, I've been thinking of picking up a new IR loader, specifically one that really goes a good job of the UX of auditioning and scrolling through long lists of IRs without needing to use the mouse.

I'm looking for something I can load in my DAW, and that can scroll through an entire folder of IRs with just the arrow keys, so I can run through a folder with one hand and key press, while playing. I currently use Pulse or MixIR, and they both are not keyboard-friendly at all

Does Cab Lab as a VST plugin support this work flow?

PS. I don't own any Fractal hardware.

Hey everyone, I've been thinking of picking up a new IR loader, specifically one that really goes a good job of the UX of auditioning and scrolling through long lists of IRs without needing to use the mouse.

I'm looking for something I can load in my DAW, and that can scroll through an entire folder of IRs with just the arrow keys, so I can run through a folder with one hand and key press, while playing. I currently use Pulse or MixIR, and they both are not keyboard-friendly at all

Does Cab Lab as a VST plugin support this work flow?

PS. I don't own any Fractal hardware.
I don’t believe the plugin version supports auditioning of IRs in the browser. They need to be loaded into mixer slots (which is a drag & drop operation) first.

The browser based workflow behavior you describe is supported in the standalone apps (both Cab-Lab non-plugin and the *-Edit apps), but because they’re able to send the IR files down the wire into the connected Fractal hardware’s Cab Block Scratchpad memory locations

That's unfortunate. I thought the Cab Lab plugin might be able to do this, based on what I'd seen of videos of Axe Fx users scrolling through IRs on Axe Edit, so I thought the interface and work flow might carry forward to Cab Lab as well.

Does anyone know of an IR loader that can load as a plugin in the DAW and scroll through and load IRs just with the keyboard arrow buttons or something similar?

Back
Top Bottom