Closed Screenshot Axe-Fx III Screen via Axe-Edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugly Bunny

Power User
As an admin of the FB group, when you go to help someone with a problem, it's easy enough to snap a pic of the screen, but also kinda clunky.

It would be great if there were a little camera button that allowed you, within Axe Edit III, to snap a pic of what the Axe's screen was displaying for ease of share-ability. Also for Axe Edit III; rather than taking a screenshot and having to edit it (since it doesn't have a full-screen option), it'd be cool to click a button and have it save a screenshot of what you're working on. Could be a dual button, with one half for snapping the Axe Fx's screen and the other half for snapping the Axe Edit screen.

Is it even possible for Axe Edit to "fetch" what the Axe is displaying on the screen?

Thoughts?

Also for Axe Edit III; rather than taking a screenshot and having to edit it (since it doesn't have a full-screen option), it'd be cool to click a button and have it save a screenshot of what you're working on.
Your computer's operating system likely supports a selection based screen grab of some kind, no need to do a full screen shot and edit it after to crop

On a Mac press the Command + Shift + 4 keys to get a crosshairs where you can then drag a box around exactly what you want to screen shot (there's also a built in app called "Screenshot.app"

On Windows 10, press the Windows Key + Shift + S (Windows 7 has a built in app called "Snipping Tool" that did a similar thing, but it lacked a global keyboard shortcut).

Last edited:
mac with Catalina also has Command+Shift+5 to screenshot the active window, or take video (no audio?) as well ;)

Referring to h.c.e and chris I think there is no need for a screenshot function in Axe-Edit which should stick to it actual purpose imho.

Your computer's operating system likely supports a selection based screen grab of some kind, no need to do a full screen shot and edit it after to crop

On a Mac press the Command + Shift + 4 keys to get a crosshairs where you can then drag a box around exactly what you want to screen shot
Even better: Command + Shift + 4 and hit the space bar when the mouse is over the window you want to screenshot. Captures just that window and gives you a PNG, soft drop shadow included. :)

The wish is for a capture of the Axe-Fx screen. Neither Mac nor Windows supports this natively. ;)
haha yes, thank you :)

But I appreciate everyone's input, but those are all clunky multi-step processes; I'd rather just click a camera icon and it automatically saves the current image (Axe Edit OR Axe Fx's screen) to a chosen folder. Snipper tool is cumbersome and, before my mac s*** the bed, the Cmnd+Shft+F4 had spotty performance at best - so bad, in fact that I had to constantly Google what the key combination was to confirm I was doing it right loL!

In any case, my wish still stands :D

It’s built into the OS. Screenshot, drag the file to the forum. Not too many steps.

It should be possible, right? I mean, the signal going to the Axe's screen is just digital information - should be possible to "intercept" it and transfer it to the computer via USB, I'd think. Anyway, that's why this is my wish, not my engineering background* telling the company how to do it lol :D

*(because I have no engineering background)

At the worst, the display on the hardware could be simulated. The data required is available. Might be a screaming PITA to duplicate the screens' particular combinations of controls, though, as it would essentially mean duplicating and keeping track of changes as they come....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom