Screen Artifacts - Possible Issue

Pooshoes

I have been playing this Axefx III for about a week nonstop and haven't seen this happen yet before this instance. It happened a couple of hours after I loaded FW1.05. I was just flipping through menus adjusting parameters and the screen went all glitchy. I exited the menu and went back in but couldn't recreate the issue

Is this anything I should be concerned about at this time?

Attachments

• 20180404_202446_001.jpg
    20180404_202446_001.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 189
I wouldn't be too concerned about an instantly-recoverable one-time glitch.

What were you doing just before the funky screen happened?

If it happens again I would put in a support ticket. I had a screen issue and have sent my III back. Waiting on support to get it back to me. They didn't hesitate with mine to have it sent back.

Strange. looks like your in the amp block but the main part of the screen is displaying the first page of the drive block. And at a zoomed resolution by the looks of it.

I’d contact support to see if this is a “known issue”.

I think production of boutique hardware is a difficult process and can suffer from all kinds of hidden problems. I wouldn’t be surprised if FAS axe3 has some teething issues that affect some number of units.
It looks more like a firmware bug than a hardware issue to me. Just a guess based on the way it is displaying the drive block types while the amp block is selected.

I have been playing this Axefx III for about a week nonstop and haven't seen this happen yet before this instance. It happened a couple of hours after I loaded FW1.05. I was just flipping through menus adjusting parameters and the screen went all glitchy. I exited the menu and went back in but couldn't recreate the issue

That's a software bug. The previous menu didn't get erased. The Axe-Fx III is a very complicated and sophisticated product. The fact that there aren't more bugs like this is a testament to our robust software engineering. Most of my embedded products around the house (i.e. cable box, TV, etc.) display far more bugs than I've seen to date on the Axe-Fx III.

I'm sure we'll eventually find it but a bug like this doesn't affect operation because of the client-server architecture. The GUI client might make a mistake but the DSP server is insulated and just keeps on trucking...

That's a software bug. The previous menu didn't get erased. The Axe-Fx III is a very complicated and sophisticated product. The fact that there aren't more bugs like this is a testament to our robust software engineering. Most of my embedded products around the house (i.e. cable box, TV, etc.) display far more bugs than I've seen to date on the Axe-Fx III.

I'm sure we'll eventually find it but a bug like this doesn't affect operation because of the client-server architecture. The GUI client might make a mistake but the DSP server is insulated and just keeps on trucking...

Thanks Cliff, and yes the axefx didn't skip a beat! I'm a happy owner, very lucky to have the axefx iii in my armory! I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can recreate in the future but won't worry about it for now.

Back
Top Bottom