Screen and lights still on when FM3 shut off. NEW 1.04 FW

codyraptor

Inspired
Hey everyone,
My FM3 screen powers down to a white screen...2 foot switches stay on...and the midi and tempo light stay on when the USB is plugged in. I just updated FM edit, presets, and FW to the new 1.04 release. I have a video of it happening as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 34
I've contacted support on this and sent videos of the issue. They responded back and said the next release might resolve this issue? I haven't seen many posts related to this specific issue. Is anyone else experiencing this with a FW update? I can literally plug in the USB cable without turning the power on and the screen lights up along with several others....just a white screen. Concerned I have a hardware issue possibly.

Are you having other USB related issues: Does it connect to FM3-Edit OK? Same for FractalBot? If you use the FM3 for recording with a DAW, does your DAW see the USB channels of the FM3 and are you able to record successfully?

In my case those things were not working. If you don't have other USB issues, then maybe a firmware update will fix it and it's not a hardware issue. I would assume FAS would be able to diagnose what the real issue is. Have you updated to 1.04 yet?

I've contacted support on this and sent videos of the issue. They responded back and said the next release might resolve this issue? I haven't seen many posts related to this specific issue. Is anyone else experiencing this with a FW update? I can literally plug in the USB cable without turning the power on and the screen lights up along with several others....just a white screen. Concerned I have a hardware issue possibly.
It was reported in earlier versions and was supposed to be fixed in v1.04. When they said the next release might resolve it, were they talking about 1.04 or do they know that it's still an issue and are planning to address it in a future release?
• LEDs and Display will no longer flicker when FM3 is powered off with USB connected.

Yeah...I've sent videos of the issue after updating to 1.04. They aren't flickering...they actually light up and stay lit. I'm having issues with FM Editor as well..but seems like many people are. Could totally be FW related...so I'll be patient and hope the next release resolves this. Fractal has always been great at resolving these issues...so hopefully a fix is coming soon. Main thing...as long as it's not messing up the unit internally. I need to use it this coming weekend. :)

Back
Top Bottom