Bug? Scratchy Crackle while playing

mwd

Power User
In addition to the volume disappear bug I am experiencing a loud pop, crackle, scratch static sound at random. I have experienced it playing with and without wah pedal.

USB is connected to laptop but it happens when editor is not running as well. Cables all quality and good. Presets don't appear overloaded. AX8 and EV2 1 month old. Firmware is 9.3.

Unlike the volume disappear I will be able to capture this annoying sound I just forgot my jump drives for last night rehearsal.

This can be a symptom of and over-taxed DSP. If you unplug it from USB does it continue?

I will try that next rehearsal. I sure hope not. USB is critical for my MIDI PC and editor on the fly adjustments. I had heard of overworking the unit if editor was running.

You mention over-taxed DSP. I am equating that to CPU % of usage. What are the safe, not safe, ranges I should be targeting?

I have been getting away with 89% while connected to the editor.

Do you pause AX8-Edit before you play?

DSP use can spike as you play -- there are plenty of algorithms in the various blocks that use more cycles as you start sending the unit an audio signal to process. If I'm connecting the AX8 to USB and need to make sure the preset is 100% going to behave well I don't go over 80% DSP usage when there's no audio running into the unit. That ensures plenty of headroom in the DSPs for when I do start to play and it means I don't have to worry about checking every X/Y combination of all the blocks in my preset.

Back
Top Bottom