Scratchpad?

nznat

Experienced
just new to this cab lab, just got it, watched a demo on youtube, yet i cannot seem to find a way to add scratch pad to so start adding multiple cabs to test. anyone help. Wasn't there supposed to be a scratch pad within the cab menu / blocks, where you can select the title "scratch pad" and then it will add to the cab block within axe edit. Then you can start adding cabs to test within the cab lab program that's open aswell? anyhow, im missing something eh

click browser, then auto and a screen will come up were you select the scratch pad. after IR's are in cab lab you select it bottom right of main screen. this will automaticly put the cab block in the axe on scratch pad. or you can select it in the user cabs in the axe cab block or the axe edit.

sorry mate, its all not making any sense what so ever to me. As "there is no scratch pad", and no scratch pad to select anywhere. Not in axe edit, and not in cab lab. There is the scratch pad button at the top but i does nothing other than bring me to a menu with 4 things to select called "empty" 1 , 2, 3, and 4. I do that and it loads an "empty" into the cab position in axe edit. then what? am i supposed to select cabs from within folders, not from within axe edit or something. When i do, it says cant load that? wtf

ok ive sort of figured it out, because its not called scratch pad in axe edit anymore, its actually called "empty" 1, 2, 3, or 4, now, or thats what its like at my end. WTF! really! lol random.

the scratch pad is 4 IR slots for testing IR's that does not save to a user cab slot. when auditioning with cab lab you select a scratch pad(none saveing IR slot) to scroll through IR folders quick and easy. when you hear one you like you can leave it there for a short time and use another one, then you compare the scratch pads to find the ones you want to save to a folder or a user IR slot. that is why the are empty you have to fill them. when you power the axe off they will empty and you will get to reload them again if you wish.

thanks for the clear response, it helps a lot. i have figured out via mistake, which im sure wouldn't have to take place if there was a manual of some type, i had to find a user youtube video to figure it out. go figure. which is pretty cool, as the axe fx has a great community, but still, a manual that is slow and concise would be good, as a few people have asked similar questions. Do you know if there is a way to expand the thing, as its tiny, needs to be resized!

I do not know of a way to make it bigger but I would not want it full size because I like to see the folders that I have IR's and Presets and stuff in wile the edit and or cab lab is on. I suppose you could zoom it if you really want it bigger. as the manual goes I actually never looked for one, It didn't take long to figure out once you understand the system. Most people would not take time to read a manual any ways it would have to be about 1000 pages to cover everything, you would get tired and come to the forum for help any way.

if you zoom it, then axe edit becomes un-usable. A simple corner drag thingee would be nice, then the user gets to do it if they want, im sure there would be a lot of people who would like to simply make it a little bigger if they had the chance, At least a little user control over that

things such as you are describing is why there is a wish section in this forum. if enough wish for it and it is doable Fractal seems to find a way to make it happen!

sounds good mate. ill go make a wish as we speak. ill also rub the magic bottle for a genie to pop out with my NOS brand new 1950s gibson and 1954 NOS strat, and Jimi Hendrix will deliver them personally to my door. lol Ofcourse i dream of genie will be there for me too. hehe thanks

Back
Top Bottom