scratching my head here...need a little help...

Once you get all of the initial stuff set up and start thinking about presets, you'll realize they can be twice as big and twice as fun. Excited to hear what you come up with!

yeah, i'm just doing my gigging presets now, so i haven't really had a chance to explore yet.

one thing i'm trying to figure out now is this 9i need to read the manual more!)

i'm using a layout with my control switches named delay, mod, gain, lead, phaser

if i want to change one of those labels for a particular preset, in axe edit, do i have to hit "per preset fc" > definitions and select a button, PP#1 say, to create a new controller switch with a new name? what do i do then? confused.com

i'm using a layout with my control switches named delay, mod, gain, lead, phaser

if i want to change one of those labels for a particular preset, in axe edit, do i have to hit "per preset fc" > definitions and select a button, PP#1 say, to create a new controller switch with a new name? what do i do then? confused.com

You are on the right path. After setting up PP#1 or whichever one you used, switch back to the layout, and click on the switch you want to override, and to the right in the Functions panel there is a selector to choose a Per-Preset override, where you can choose the PP# of the switch you prepared. This gives you a lot of flexibility to set up some things the same across all presets while having some things customized.

An organized approach helps make it easier to keep track if it all. Maybe that means you always try to use the same effect classification on the same button in your layout, say replacing flanger with chorus for your modulation effect and using the same button. I always put the rotary speed switch in a particular spot, for example. I also use the same PP# switch numbers for the same things from preset to preset, so it's easier to find stuff. Rotary speed is PP#2 where ever it appears.

You will doubtless find what works best for you. :)

Last edited:
tried to do it, but the footcontroller still displays the default layout name on the switch i'm trying to change. i've screenshot the editor...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 08.40.22.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 08.40.22.png
    283.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 08.40.27.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 08.40.27.png
    257.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 08.40.34.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 08.40.34.png
    350.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 08.40.55.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 08.40.55.png
    256.5 KB · Views: 7
I know it's not a help for any of the issues you mentioned, but it's so awesome you have a III. Cannot wait to hear what you do with it.

thanks leon. me too! just working through my gigging patches at the moment...no time to be creative just yet

i figured it out. some fool had set per preset overrides to "disabled". no idea who that was.

To reiterate the point of that option: when you download presets, it's sometimes nice to try them out with your own layouts rather than having them obliterate assert control over your foot controller.

You cannot assign onboard FC switches directly as externals. I don't think that it is an option to include Control Switches as Externals though I see the reason this would be desirable. I will discuss this with @BryantP
This would also maintain compatibility with midi controllers. If FC switches can be mapped to externals Ctrls I could use my RJM or my FC without redoing my presets. I’m using more and more my FC6 because of the size and FAS Link. Thumbs up for this functionality.

Back
Top Bottom