Scratch Pad??? I don't see it

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
I know it's supposed to be the last user cab slot??
but every time I audition a cab it overwtites user slot # 1 (every time whether it's thru Axe Edt or Axe O matic.
how do I audition a cab here? bought the latest OH cabs last night and I wan tto runt some of them with my TriAxis yellow patch :)

Turn past the last user cab and you will see 'Scratch Pad', then audition the cab. You have to select it before you audition. It behaves just like any other cab slot.

Last edited:
thank you so much, this has been driving me nuts.
does anyone know how to get the Axe o matic to audition here as well?

Axe-O-Matic will audition there as long as you have the cabinet set to the Scratch Pad slot when you click the 'Audtion' button on Axe-O-Matic. Make sure Axe-Edit is not running when you are using Axe-O-Matic, it does crazy stuff, like changing the cabinet slot to number 75 instead of auditioning it in the scratch pad slot. I've had no issues running Axe-O-Matic with the scratch pad slot as long as Axe Edit is not running.

Remember, the scratch pad is just another cab slot, only named 'Scratch Pad'. It doesn't automatically audition cabs in that slot, at least not in my experience.

well I could not get this to work with either Axe OMatic or Axe edit.
Axe edit changes the cab slot to #75
Rebooted (so I know Axe Edit is not running)
Axe O matic changes it to Clab slot #2

Hmm. Ok, give me a few minutes and I'll go check out my steps from scratch, just to make sure I haven't forgotten anything.

OK. Something weird is going on, I'm going to work on it now. I just tried it on the 59 Bassguy patch and of course it didn't work. It automatically switched to Cab Slot 75 and AOM gave me the error message, but then I tried it again on my high gain Tri-Axis Yellow Patch (off topic, I switched all the power section settings to match those of the USA Lead Bright+, I really dig it) and started audtioning the new OwnHammer Mesa IR's and it works fine (see picture). I'm not sure why it's working with a patch I used starting from scratch but not stock presets, but I have some time right now so I'll see if I can figure out exactly how to get it working.

cabea.jpg

I have the same problem as kmanick. When auditioning from AxeOMatic the axe change to spot number 75. I guess it's hardcoded in the AoM that audition will come to user slot 1, however the axe now contains more factory IR's so maybe slot 75 is where the User Slot 1 was before?
It is possible to download IR to whatever user slot you choose, but it takes much longer time and is not as covenient. The audition feature was really nice before but not working now, and since the creator past away we won't have any fixes for it... :?

Got it figured out. Here's what I did. Open Axe-Edit and choose a patch, click on an empty block and click 'Delete' and then 'OK' when it asks if you want to delete all blocks, save the empty patch. Shut down Axe-Edit, and build your patch. Set your cab block to 'Scratcpad' and audtion with AOM. Just tested this several times and it worked each time.

Edit: Using the bypass patch does not work, only the Axe-Edit method seems to be effective.

Last edited:
Ehhh... You mean to audition cabs in AoM I have to build new patches? Or are we talking different things here?

Ehhh... You mean to audition cabs in AoM I have to build new patches? Or are we talking different things here?

Yes. It appears that not only do you need to build new patches, but you need to use Axe Edit to actually delete all the blocks as I described in the post. I tried several other methods, including holding the RECALL button while turning on the Axe, which starts you with a blank preset, but that didn't work either. I obviously have no clue why using the Axe-Edit method works, but I have not been able to get any other method to be effective. I have a few more ideas that I may test out.

Axe O matic seems to want to default to user slot 1 so I think I'll just move my current IR out of there and leave it empty so I can send 'auditions there. I'm guessing scratch pad will work with the next version of Axe Edit so no biggied.

Axe O matic seems to want to default to user slot 1 so I think I'll just move my current IR out of there and leave it empty so I can send 'auditions there. I'm guessing scratch pad will work with the next version of Axe Edit so no biggied.

Yeah, using AOM to just download the IR to the Cab Slot and audition that way is much easier than actually using the Audtion button, which requires all the jumping through hoops. I hope the next version of AE also supports IR mixing.

Download IR's work ok, and you can also choose which slot to send it to. But I feel Audition was much faster and much easier...?

Back
Top Bottom