Scrambled Text on Receive Mode Page of Fractal-Bot

When I open the stand-alone Fractal Bot application (Receive Mode) on my iMac running the most recent version of Monterey to do a backup the text for the options which can be checked in the second column is scrambled and merged with the text in the lower part of the first column. This does not occur when Fractal Bot is instantiated from within Axe Edit 3 application…the text is fine.

Is this a known issue? Has anyone else seen it? Does anyone have a wayto fix the problem?

Thanks to everyone who reads my post!

Haven't seen that... Which version of FractalBot do you have installed?

You're not trying to use the standalone version at the same time as the editor is running, are you?
I am using the most recent versions of both applications.

I do not believe so, however, I will check to be sure when I arrive at the studio tomorrow. I was not aware that one could not have the editor and the Bot open at the same time.

Thank you for your help, I will let you know what I find.

I am using the most recent versions of both applications.

I do not believe so, however, I will check to be sure when I arrive at the studio tomorrow. I was not aware that one could not have the editor and the Bot open at the same time.

Thank you for your help, I will let you know what I find.
Yes, do not run both at the same time...

Also, if you're still having issues post the specific version. People often say "latest" only to discover they aren't ;)

When I open the stand-alone Fractal Bot application (Receive Mode) on my iMac running the most recent version of Monterey to do a backup the text for the options which can be checked in the second column is scrambled and merged with the text in the lower part of the first column. This does not occur when Fractal Bot is instantiated from within Axe Edit 3 application…the text is fine.

Is this a known issue? Has anyone else seen it? Does anyone have a wayto fix the problem?

Thanks to everyone who reads my post!
Fractal-Bot is already built into Edit. Look under the Tools menu.

Yes, do not run both at the same time...

Also, if you're still having issues post the specific version. People often say "latest" only to discover they aren't ;)
I am running Version 3.0.13

Unfortunately, the issue is present when Bot is running alone, without the Editor running.

Here are my computer specs. I have my FAX3 connected to the iMac in Studio A:.

Luna 1.3.2, Logic Pro 10.7.6, Cubase Pro 12.0.52, Studio One Pro 5.5.2, Pro Tools Studio 2022.12, UAD-2 software 10.2.2, PreSonus Quantum 2, UA Apollo 8, UA Apollo Twin Mk 2 (2), UAD-2 Thunderbolt Satellite Quad (2), Fractal Axe Fx III Mk. II Turbo, Studio A: Apple iMac 2020, i7 8-core 3.8 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP5700XT GPU, 10 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Monterey 12.6.2. Studio B: Apple iMac 2015, i7 4-core 4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP395X GPU, 1 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Monterey 12.6.2.

Your standalone Fractal-Bot photo is showing Axe-FX II backup options. Make sure you're selecting Axe-FX III as device before clicking "Begin".

(I'm only seeing that extra text here if no Axe-FX II is detected, so this seems to just be a slight visual bug/quirk that wouldn't be encountered during a successful Axe-FX II backup.)

Your standalone Fractal-Bot photo is showing Axe-FX II backup options. Make sure you're selecting Axe-FX III as device before clicking "Begin".

(I'm only seeing that extra text here if no Axe-FX II is detected, so this seems to just be a slight visual bug/quirk that wouldn't be encountered during a successful Axe-FX II backup.)

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Thank you for your post! I feel like an idiot! My eyes are getting old (I’m 70) and I don’t always see what I think I’m seeing. Trust me, it sucks to get old! lol

The problem was exactly what you suggested. I had selected the Axe Fx II instead of III by mistake. Once I selected the Axe Fx III the problem “mysteriously” corrected itself! It was a miracle! lol

I will need to be more careful reading the text in the dialog boxes going forward.

I apologize for causing you all to put out effort to help me solve a stupid error on my part. Thank you to everyone who helped me, I greatly appreciate your efforts!

I'm going to blame that desktop image. It made my eyes bug out too.

I love the real-estate that a 5K monitor provides…however, the reality is that the text is just too small for me to see well even with glasses. I think that I am going to have to move up to a larger monitor at less resolution.

I am having a great time using my new Axe Fx III and exploring all that this device can do! It’s an amazing piece of kit. Over the many years I have been a gigging and studio guitarist I have had an opportunity to own and/or use many, many amps, cabs and effect units. The models provided in this unit are truly sensational…they sound and respond so much like the actual equipment that it’s hard to believe…modeling technology has come a long way.

Have a great day everyone. And again, thanks so much everyone!

I love the real-estate that a 5K monitor provides…however, the reality is that the text is just too small for me to see well even with glasses. I think that I am going to have to move up to a larger monitor at less resolution.
Since you're on macOS, navigate to
Apple Menu > System Settings > Accessibility > Zoom
and look around. You can zoom in and out at will and define how much you zoom and whether it's a key press or mouse action.

Also, look at
Apple Menu > System Settings > Displays
and look at the font size settings in the first section. This will scale the fonts across everything that isn't bitmapped.

Since you're on macOS, navigate to
Apple Menu > System Settings > Accessibility > Zoom
and look around. You can zoom in and out at will and define how much you zoom and whether it's a key press or mouse action.

Also, look at
Apple Menu > System Settings > Displays
and look at the font size settings in the first section. This will scale the fonts across everything that isn't bitmapped.

I am aware of the Accessibility Zoom function. I have it enabled. The problem with it is that it’s a pain to keep zooming constantly…in my case I need to use it frequently because of my limited ability to see the text on the monitor overall.

I had totally forgotten about the Display Font Size settings. I will give that a try and see if it helps.

I a so impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the members of this forum! What a refreshing difference. Many forums are not so fortunate as to have such great members!

Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom