Scored a Marshall Club and Country

Well, that goes to show how my memory works. Still, I was pretty sure the Moving Pictures amps were the 100W lead combos.

As mentioned above, the C&C is an attempt at the Twin Reverb sound.

I will never forget my GK because I used it when being a session player on a studio recording from where a radio hit eventually came out and every time I hear a song on the radio with me am my 250 ml I miss it badly. I picked that combo by ear in a music store; it was the amp that sounded best of all and at the time it was new and I knew nothing about it. What caught my ear was the low latency, much faster response than the tube amps I had played up until then. Solid state design and small 10" built-in speakers, very fast and responsive amp. He, he... sorry for the nostalgic outburst.
that one's definitely got a very unique clean sound. would love to get a model of that in the Axe.

and about that Club And Country.... totally unique Marshall design and very different. great to maybe have a model of that soon in the Axe !

I actually had one on the road for a year. I bought it while traveling through Arizona because I thought it looked so cool.

Hence the reason for picking this up. You gotta follow the Trail. Alex has been thinking about using the Axe more go forward and Cliff is just doing due diligence and getting his amps into the system, so next year all his amps will all be there. Now he just needs to get A gallien Krueger 250 ml. Wouldn't you want to be the guy that Researches bands for what Amps they used and then pro cure them for future releases of the software. I want that Job.

Holy crap, I had one of those in the early '80s (it's long gone). For a little solid-state amp the thing did sound damn good.

I still have my 250 ml. Works perfect. Even after I dropped it down a flight of concrete steps in 1987 it still worked. Just had to replace a pot. About 5 years ago I replaced the original 6 in speakers. The rubber surrounds on the originals went bad. You plug that little thing into two 4x12s and you are good to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Didn't know this amp but a google search told me it is a tube amp, SarasotaSwing must be thinking of another amp.

I still have my 250 ml. Works perfect. Even after I dropped it down a flight of concrete steps in 1987 it still worked. Just had to replace a pot. About 5 years ago I replaced the original 6 in speakers. The rubber surrounds on the originals went bad. You plug that little thing into two 4x12s and you are good to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cliff, awesome on the C&C tip. Get with xlb3x and please get the GK 250ML in the axe. Then we will only need one more for the trifecta of necessary solid state amps (Rockman, JC-120 and GL250).

Well, that goes to show how my memory works. Still, I was pretty sure the Moving Pictures amps were the 100W lead combos.

As mentioned above, the C&C is an attempt at the Twin Reverb sound.

TR inspired for sure - RCA tonestack - no james. but it's a different concept, bit more crunchy (specially when hitting the boost footswitch)

I don't get the hate for the C&C. Even if you don't like it, it's at least a sound not currently in the AFX. I look forward to that way more than just another modded Marshall. Vive la différence!! And who's to say, being this would be an AFX model with all those advanced parameters available, that even you guys who don't like it stock may find a real gem when you start twiddling the knobs. Always love to hear when unique sounds are being added.

This may turn out to be a great "platform" amp for stompboxes. The "BB" comes to mind - it sounds good with most amps in the Axe.

Which is one of the amps Alex used on Moving Pictures IIRC.
Sweet. I got pretty close using the HiPower Brilliant (which I don't even think was used on Moving Pictures). I would love to see if I could get noticeably closer with the C&C. His guitar tone was a blended sound. Many engineers multitrack and blend obviously so nothing that ground breaking there. I saw a documentary on the making of Moving Pictures where they specifically play back Alex's guitar parts on Tom Sawyer and it's 3 radically different guitar tones. The C&C could be one more piece of the puzzle. Here's a link to my recent YYZ tone match (by ear) if anyone is interested at all.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-recordings/74764-rush-fans.html

and the patch

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Lerxst YYZ Hipower Brilliant - by Tonemeister

Cool!
I really like the great span of different amps you incorporate in the Axe!
Just because some don't like it, does not mean that its not worth modeling. I would love to see more "strange" amps in the future, along with all great stuff we got now!

That's what I'm thinking. I'm pretty sure he was using a pedal with the C&C, and double tracked with a Hiwatt (or maybe the C&C was clean(ish) and a pedal with the Hiwatt, or just the Hiwatt cranked. Or maybe it was his Marshall. Tough to tell.

Sweet. I got pretty close using the HiPower Brilliant (which I don't even think was used on Moving Pictures). I would love to see if I could get noticeably closer with the C&C. His guitar tone was a blended sound. Many engineers multitrack and blend obviously so nothing that ground breaking there. I saw a documentary on the making of Moving Pictures where they specifically play back Alex's guitar parts on Tom Sawyer and it's 3 radically different guitar tones. The C&C could be one more piece of the puzzle. Here's a link to my recent YYZ tone match (by ear) if anyone is interested at all.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-recordings/74764-rush-fans.html

and the patch

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Lerxst YYZ Hipower Brilliant - by Tonemeister

I have a Country&Club 4140 coffee brown, for over 30 years, 100W valve, 2x12 red Marshall speakers, chrome cones, open back, heavy like H@!!, in good shape but modded (also 30 years ago).
I could not work with ""the thing"", too clean, too loud, brutal, cuts like a knife i promise, yes indeed a very special sounding combo.
Cliff can have it, but i should de-mod it first to bring it back in original state, and its with a 220 volts transformer (Europe) wich i also could exchange for a 117 Volts eventually if needed............if its worthwhile

Back
Top Bottom