Scooped mid s style speakers

Alex M

Good day. I have an idea to get some speakers, but have no possibility to hear real thing. Mostly i m playing metal solos. If compare the various ir s i came to Celestion G12 H75 but i do not know how the real thing sounds and maybe this is not what i looking for. I also intrested about Eminence DV 77 but i can t found free ir s that may be took an adequate picture of character. I suspect they have no excess mid frequencies but (maybe) sharpened for basswood body guitars. The one thing that i can precisely said the Celestion Vintage 30 absolutely is not mine. I m noticed that when i came to G12 H75 from V30 the sound became easier to perceive, so to say. Maybe you can give some advices about similar speakers that i described before

If you look at the EQ polt from Celestion A 75 has less low/mid to mid content than a V30. Personally I have always found them a little too harsh for me but I don't play much metal.

V30 is my main go to speaker in the FM (V30 Ultra) or in a real guitar cab, that or a Green back or a G12 H or combo of any of these depending on the tone im after!

They have a lot more low mid range content when compared to the 75's curve. They all seem to have the hump between 2-5k to some degree and I suspect that is what is giving you the clarity you mentioned.

What tunings are you playing in?

DV-77 is a pretty mid range heavy speaker. It is darker sounding than V30's. They are NOT sharpened V30's. If anything, maybe the opposite.

What tunings are you playing in?
С standard. I attached the example below to show what i find. The samples are v30+g 12 and G12 T75, where v30+g12 sounds with some "cotton wool" and T75 what i try to get closer. Some players adviced me G12H30 Anniv. and Warehouse Reaper HP 50W

Attachments

• 1.zip
    383.8 KB · Views: 2
С standard. I attached the example below to show what i find. The samples are v30+g 12 and G12 T75, where v30+g12 sounds with some "cotton wool" and T75 what i try to get closer. Some players adviced me G12H30 Anniv. and Warehouse Reaper HP 50W
Yup, you can hear a more over all pronounced mid range (cotton wool) in the V30 G12 combo! maybe do a combo if a T75 and a V30 or ? If I were looking at buying speakers I would try to addition as many as I could or at the very least listen to them.

Back
Top Bottom