School me on Tele Saddles

I'm currently in this camp, I own a 6 saddle USA Tele which I have always felt just doesn't quite do the Tele twang as well as I have heard/played with other Teles.

I am thinking of getting one of these which seems similar to the Gotoh ones so I can convert to 3 saddle:
https://www.wdmusic.co.uk/hardware-parts-c1/bridges-tailpieces-c2/tele-bridges-c98/kluson-hybrid-replacement-bridge-for-fender-american-standard-telecaster-steel-with-intonated-brass-saddles-p1762
Those compensations are too much the other way, but you could always put a set of the "in tune" saddles on that plate if your not happy converting the body to four screws.

Those compensations are too much the other way, but you could always put a set of the "in tune" saddles on that plate if your not happy converting the body to four screws.

Thanks Andy! I'm happy converting the body if I can find someone I trust enough with a drill.

If I put a set of the in tune saddles on this hybrid plate, do you think I would still get the tonal benefits of the saddles? I'm guessing the plate has less to do with it than the saddles as they are first point of contact with the strings right?

Plates matter too but no where near as much as the saddles. One thing about the plate is don't over tighten the screws because all it does is cause the plate to lift the pressure from the front part and sound worse. Snug firm is best.

Back
Top Bottom