School me on CPU

dgkboss69

Hello everyone,

First post here please be nice if i sound stupid, just want to understand a couple things better regarding Channels CPU usage

Channels ABCD all have a loaded effect regardless of wether i want to use up all the channels and each channel is adding to the over all CPU? Now if i want to reduce the CPU are there less DSP hungry options that can be loaded into unused channels?

Not sure if this is possible for the future of Axe but instead of being forced to use all the channels, could they program is where you can add and remove channels where you need it until you reach the maximum space?

Just example lets say i only need two amp channels, so i only load up channels A & B and with the unused DSP of channel C & D i add two channels to a drive block or another channel to a delay block so it would have more than 4 ( not that i need that i could add an additional delay block or drive block) Just to have more flexibility. Might sound dumb but just a though that came to mind. Thanks for listening.

The CPU used by a block depends only on the currently loaded channel, unused channels don't consume any processing power regardless of what's saved in them

Additionally, you don't have a say in how many channels there are. You may only be using A and B in the Amp block, but all 4 channels are still there.

Back
Top Bottom