Schon Auction!

Best line:

“57 years now. That’s how long I’ve been playing,” he continued. “It’s crazy, man. I mean, I should be so much better! All these guitars have a story, a history.”

Is this a benefit or something, or has he just gotten tired of royalty money, needs a different flavor?

I suppose it hardly matters what starting prices are anyway, they'd get bid way up. I guess maybe?

He tried to some guitars a while back for a high figure and IIRC they didn't go for much

One was the Lights Strat and the other was the Black Beauty prototype he plays in this video - which I think is some quite brilliant playing

Same but on FB. He does guitar safari more than Bonamassa
He has an insane amount of guitars. After watching him every day for 2 years on Instagram, I’ve never seen him play the same guitar twice
He has to be on track to setting some sort of Guinness record. Lol. He’s relentless on Instagram. And unlike other icons on social medial, he actually interacts with his followers which is great.

He has to be on track to setting some sort of Guinness record. Lol. He’s relentless on Instagram. And unlike other icons on social medial, he actually interacts with his followers which is great.

Yeah, he's answered a few things I've asked him

He's said in one post he has around 800 guitars left after the sale!

@Cooper Carter any stories/anecdotes to add here? I know I've played a few of those guitars while working with Neal and I imagine you've played a lot of them too.

Last edited:
@Cooper Carter any stories/anecdotes to add here? I know I've played a few of those guitars while working with Neal and I imagine you've played a lot of them!

Yes! A few years back we did a full run through the "vintage" room at HQ trying out a lot of these as we were prepping for the stadium tour with Def Lepp.

Absolutely beautiful collection and a real trip to play/hold so much history. As a guitar fan, of course the '59 LPs are an obvious drool highlight, but for my money, the real stunner of his collection is the number of beautiful Strats he acquired over the years. The other thing I so appreciate about Neal is he's a player's player. Everything he's bought, he's done so to PLAY, not lock in some vault and treat like a fragile gemstone like so many other collectors. They're instruments, he's a master of them, and he's made a ton of music with them.

I was thrilled Neal decided to put so many of these out into the world. The man KNOWS quality guitars like few others. Of course my most personal anecdote, which some here may have seen on Instagram, is that when I got married a few years back, Neal gave me one of his Les Paul's as a wedding gift. Truly one of the kindest guys in the business, and I cherish my work with him.

I was with him last month as well, as he was prepping for the auction. The display on Park Ave in NY had already gone up and excitement was building. Loved seeing the auction go over so well.

Yes! A few years back we did a full run through the "vintage" room at HQ trying out a lot of these as we were prepping for the stadium tour with Def Lepp.

Absolutely beautiful collection and a real trip to play/hold so much history. As a guitar fan, of course the '59 LPs are an obvious drool highlight, but for my money, the real stunner of his collection is the number of beautiful Strats he acquired over the years. The other thing I so appreciate about Neal is he's a player's player. Everything he's bought, he's done so to PLAY, not lock in some vault and treat like a fragile gemstone like so many other collectors. They're instruments, he's a master of them, and he's made a ton of music with them.

I was thrilled Neal decided to put so many of these out into the world. The man KNOWS quality guitars like few others. Of course my most personal anecdote, which some here may have seen on Instagram, is that when I got married a few years back, Neal gave me one of his Les Paul's as a wedding gift. Truly one of the kindest guys in the business, and I cherish my work with him.

I was with him last month as well, as he was prepping for the auction. The display on Park Ave in NY had already gone up and excitement was building. Loved seeing the auction go over so well.
Nice gift, on many levels, very cool.

Back
Top Bottom