Schecter KM7

Seenred

I recently had the urge to order on of Schecter's newest KM7's from Drum City Guitarland (which by the way they are wonderful to deal with-and they throw in all kinda swag with your order) and received the guitar. A wonderfully built and set-up axe. But after a few days I noticed a crackling when I was turning the one-and-only volume knob. So i called DCGL and they immediately contacted Schecter and sent me a new pot to solder in. Ok, no problem. But the issue still was not solved. After numerous and several successful attempts to solder and re-solder the pot, I decided to call DCGL back and ask for any suggestions they might have to remedy the problem. Within 1 hour, Duncan, from Schecter call me and asked if I'd like a new model, or if I wanted to just have mine fixed. Since I was already warmed up to the guitar, he sent me a FedEx tag and the guitar was on it's way to California. A few days went by and I received an email from Duncan.

Since you’ve been having continued issues with this instrument, we decided to throw everything but the kitchen sink at it. Our best tech, the guy who does Synyster Gates’ and Keith Merrow’s own instruments, performed the repair. He basically gutted all the electronic components that came from Korea and installed all USA made electronics we use in our Custom Shop guitars, that way we would ensure you would not have any serious electronics issues in the future. We also gave the guitar a fresh set up and high-polished the frets. It should be in even better condition than you received it in. We also decided to throw in a t-shirt and a few other things, as well.

I hope this makes up for the continued troubles you’ve been having, so sorry it had to happen in the first place! Let me know if you have any other troubles with this guitar or any other Schecter.

Thanks,

Duncan McCue
Schecter Tech Department

10953 Pendleton St
Sun Valley, CA 91352
P: (800) 660-6621 EXT. 313
F: (818) 846-2700
Schecter Guitars. Handmade, Custom Model Guitar Manufacturer since 1976

NOW THAT IS WHY I BUY SCHECTER GUITARS!!!!

Thanks again Schecter
Todd

I own 3 Shecters. 2 C7FR's (one white, one black), and one C1FR (which was my first). I loved the C1FR so much that I wanted to try one of their 7 stringers. The white C7FR was the second. Then I decided I needed a backup for the 7 string since it became my primary after a few weeks. I ordered a black one. The guitar they shipped was too light (had a thin sound) and I didn't care for the zebra striped rosewood on the fingerboard. I sent it back and they sent another one.

Still not satisfied with the second random selection, my dealer got them on a Facetime chat and had someone walk through the warehouse with a scale to weigh the black C7FR's they had in stock until they found some that were dense enough to meet my requirements. Then they showed me the fretboards and let me pick the one I want over the video chat. They gave me the serial# and that's the one that showed up a few days later.

I'm a "Schecter" guy these days. I'll be buying a Gibby LP Custom next year for my 50th (bucket list item), but other than that I'll stick with Schecters.

My luthier Roger Crisler worked for Schecter back in the 80's and he's set all three of my Hellraisers up to play like buttah. Even set the C1FR up for DropC for me. It's a beast.

Wow, that makes me feel good about buying a Schecter in the future. Best of luck with the new axe.

Back
Top Bottom