Schecter C-1 Silver Mountain

It sure is pretty. So far I like everything I've played from Schecter, and currently own three. Haven't played this one, but it checks a lot of boxes.

Stainless steel frets! I didn’t see that mentioned on the Sweetwater page, but it is mentioned here:

https://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/c-1-silver-mountain-blood-moon-detail

So that’s an awesome thing. I’ve only recently realized I prefer 22 frets, but otherwise, I’d jump on this. I tried one of the silver colored Silver Mountain series at a local shop, and it felt great and had great fretwork.

I'm going to try to get one in blood red. The only thing I don't particularly care for is the painted neck, but that can be fixed with some careful light scuffing. I did it to my Jackson USA King V, and it turned out great!

If I do get the Schecter I am going to try to add Sweetwater's Pro Plek job to the cart.
What's that plek job cost?

I'm going to try to get one in blood red. The only thing I don't particularly care for is the painted neck, but that can be fixed with some careful light scuffing. I did it to my Jackson USA King V, and it turned out great!

If I do get the Schecter I am going to try to add Sweetwater's Pro Plek job to the cart.
I'd skip the Plek and save some money. Unless ... I'd played the exact model in-person and thought "this guitar would be perfect if it got Plek'd."

Paying $250 upfront for something a guitar might not need, seems like a lot. That money could go toward something I'd be sure is needed/wanted.

If you decide to return the guitar, will you get your money back for the Plek? Does it make the guitar non-returnable?

I’ve only recently realized I prefer 22 frets
Neck humbucker position on 24 fretters and SGs sounds better to me.

P90ish-hot-single, right at the end of the fretboard, sounds good on either 24 or 21/22 to me. I imagine the PRS NarrowField pickups would fit this either/or, but cannot verify, as I haven't got one handy to try on a 24 fretter.

Cooler singles and vintage output mini humbuckers sound better to me on 21/22 fret guitars right at the end of the fretboard.

The big exception is my Tele with the SD Jazz at the neck, but that HB is defaulted to parallel, which really sounds a lot like a wide single coil, so I guess that is really the key to it working there. The hotter the neck pickup, the more likely it needs to be a smidge closer to the bridge, like a 24 fretter's neck pickup, to pick up (heh heh) a bit more high end....

Neck humbucker position on 24 fretters and SGs sounds better to me.

P90ish-hot-single, right at the end of the fretboard, sounds good on either 24 or 21/22 to me. I imagine the PRS NarrowField pickups would fit this either/or, but cannot verify, as I haven't got one handy to try on a 24 fretter.

Cooler singles and vintage output mini humbuckers sound better to me on 21/22 fret guitars right at the end of the fretboard.

The big exception is my Tele with the SD Jazz at the neck, but that HB is defaulted to parallel, which really sounds a lot like a wide single coil, so I guess that is really the key to it working there. The hotter the neck pickup, the more likely it needs to be a smidge closer to the bridge, like a 24 fretter's neck pickup, to pick up (heh heh) a bit more high end....

That's interesting, and make total sense to me. I think I'm really realizing moreso that I prefer a single coil in the neck, and that I think might be better with a 22 fretter.

I personally like the hybrid with the ultra slim neck. Don't like the hot pickups in the whole schecter line, including the EMGs.
I would switch the pickups out anyhow no matter the guitar. I have my preference for pickups depending on the guitar and the wood used.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HRHC1TBB--schecter-hellraiser-hybrid-c-1-trans-black-burst

Beauty of a guitar you picked out!

I'll probably tape off the back of the neck and scuff the neck with some damp green scotchbrite to remove the gloss. I'll do it like the back of your hybrid's neck.

BTW, I got the silver mountain (in blood moon red) guitar for $1,080 (plus tax)

I'll probably tape off the back of the neck and scuff the neck with some damp green scotchbrite to remove the gloss. I'll do it like the back of your hybrid's neck.

BTW, I got the silver mountain (in blood moon red) guitar for $1,080 (plus tax)
Nice. At Sweetwater? They don't usually go that much below their posted price.

he said he would tell the tech to pay particular attention to the nut. I want it just right.

I told him to put his best guy on the plek machine. He said he will do and no worries those tech guys are serious down there

Looks like it'll be a nice guitar, and probably benefit from the Plek job. I see more and more guitars being made without PU rings. You watch; I bet PRS will start to offer that. Have you ever had one without them?

Looks like it'll be a nice guitar, and probably benefit from the Plek job. I see more and more guitars being made without PU rings. You watch; I bet PRS will start to offer that. Have you ever had one without them?

I have a couple other Schecter's with direct mount pickups (no pickup rings). Some people say they hear a tonal difference between direct mounting a pickup to the guitar body versus a pickup installed in a ring. I have no determination on that. I'm really not that picky.

The direct mount pickups are not height adjustable. They are screwed down to the body. I guess one could adjust the height with spacers. Pickups installed in rings are height adjustable.

That's all I know about them.

I have a couple other Schecter's with direct mount pickups (no pickup rings). Some people say they hear a tonal difference between direct mounting a pickup to the guitar body versus a pickup installed in a ring. I have no determination on that. I'm really not that picky.

The direct mount pickups are not height adjustable. They are screwed down to the body. I guess one could adjust the height with spacers. Pickups installed in rings are height adjustable.

That's all I know about them.
I have never bothered with adjusting PU heights unless they were too high, and my pick would hit them. Iow, only for an ergonomic reason. I figure if there was some amount of tone to be gained (or lost), that issue would be SO FAR down the list of things to work on, a list that starts with being a better player. Other than the reason I mentioned, I've just always left them where they were.

Back
Top Bottom