Schaller P-Switch Help

I'm not sure if I understood the question.
In positions 1 and 5 the humbuckers are in serial mode. You want to add an additional switch to get them in parallel mode? While the positions 2,3,4 remain the same?

I think that's not possible, because of the purpose of the Megaswitch P to emulate the PRS rotary switch positions.
When I look at that baked in switch circuit (the green part) I have no idea how that could be realized.
1617430438981.png

Last edited:
A solution could be how Music Man does it on the Reflex (the regular model, not the Gamechanger) or 25th anniversary model. The 5-way switch has these positions:

Neck
Inside Coils
Neck & Bridge together
Outside Coils
Bridge

And than there is a toggle switch which makes each position serial or parallel.

Unfortunately I don't have a wiring diagram... Maybe it can be found somewhere in the WWW or via Music Man support.

A solution could be how Music Man does it on the Reflex (the regular model, not the Gamechanger) or 25th anniversary model. The 5-way switch has these positions:

Neck
Inside Coils
Neck & Bridge together
Outside Coils
Bridge

And than there is a toggle switch which makes each position serial or parallel.

Unfortunately I don't have a wiring diagram... Maybe it can be found somewhere in the WWW or via Music Man support.
That's exactly what I'd want for a 2 HB guitar, nice.

That's exactly what I'd want for a 2 HB guitar, nice.
I found a wiring diagram for this (5-way super switch and standard 4PDT switch). But you have to flip the magnet of one of the humbuckers for hum-cancelling reasons in some of the switch positions:

1617697783970.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom