Scenes

Is there any way to copy one scene from a preset and make a new preset with it? I like a couple of the factory preset scenes. For example scene 3 of a factory preset. Can I copy that and start a new preset with that scene?

Is there any way to copy one scene from a preset and make a new preset with it? I like a couple of the factory preset scenes. For example scene 3 of a factory preset. Can I copy that and start a new preset with that scene?
No, but you can copy all eight scenes at once and start a new preset with that.

That's not possible. You can save the preset to a different preset number, rename it and tweak to your heart's desire.

a Scene is the Block On/Off and Channel. a preset is the blocks used and the arrangement. so you'd copy the preset.

in Edit, click the Preset menu on the top and choose Save to new preset number. make sure the new spot is blank because you overwrite what's there.

a Scene is the Block On/Off and Channel. a preset is the blocks used and the arrangement. so you'd copy the preset.

in Edit, click the Preset menu on the top and choose Save to new preset number. make sure the new spot is blank because you overwrite what's there.
Right, what I want to do is take scene 3 from one of the presets and copy it to a new location and create an entirely new preset with it.

Right, what I want to do is take scene 3 from one of the presets and copy it to a new location and create an entirely new preset with it.
Copy the preset, then change it. A scene is block on/off and channel select, it is not the blocks themselves. Scenes belong to a preset, they aren’t separate entities.

A Preset is basically a complete amp and pedalboard rig that is comprised of a set of Blocks.
Blocks represent the amp, cab and pedals, each of which has 4 channels which allows up to 4 models of an amp or effect per block.
Within each preset are 8 Scenes, which @chris has pointed out, is simply the current channel and on/off state of each block within the preset.

You like scene 3 of a specific preset. That scene is comprised of exactly the same blocks as the other 7 scenes. The difference between scene 3 and the other scenes is which blocks are on or off and which channel has been selected for each block. If you click on the <BLOCK INFO> button above the grid, you can see the channel selected for each block.

In order to create a preset with scene 3 as the base tone/sound, using the <SCENE MGR> save scene 3 to the default scene ( found in <SETTINGS>) and save the preset to a new location.

Am still new to all the editing so not sure if I get what you are trying to do. If you like just 3 of the scenes in particular preset, as others have suggested, just copy the preset into a new slot and delete those scenes you don’t want to keep.
If, however, you are trying to copy out different channels from different presets to form new preset, that’s an entirely different matter. If it’s the latter, user AustinBuddy has a video in the post below:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...a-block-to-another-preset.163337/post-1958002

Sorry if I am not being clear. There is a factory preset that has 4 scenes. In that preset, scene 3 is the only scene that I like. want to take that scene 3 and create an entire new preset for a song that I am working on. If it was possible, I would simply delete the other scenes in the preset that I do not need but it is not possible. Hope that explains it better....

Copy the preset in preset manager, Then started tweaking.... try right clicking on the scene tab and you can copy a scene to a new location.

I did that as well …. saved to a new preset number …… copied scene three to the first position and deleted the rest.
You can’t delete scenes. Did you just give the other scenes blank names?

Thanks Rex...…wrong terminology as there are always 8 scenes available....…....you would have to blank them out.

Why do so many want to delete scenes? If you don't want it just don't use it. move the ones you like to the location you like and done. If you only like scene 3 of that preset, there really isn't much reason to copy the preset just move scene 3 to scene 1 so the preset loads on that scene.

Back
Top Bottom