Scenes vs Patches with FM9: Switching speed and CPU

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Ok my AX3 I use scenes and have a master with everything in it, on every preset. I works and I don't have to mess with much. The FM9 has less power than the AX3 and have had to slim them down naturally for the FM9 conversion.

Question: Scenes vs Patches and gaps....big difference? I'm think of going back to presets as then each patch only has what it needs in it and nothing more. Without me doing this first, anyone do same thing under same premise?

That's not what he's asking. He's asking about switching speed between presets on the FM9. How much of a gap will he experience?

Only Mr. Chris can answer this question. How comparable is this in [ms]. I haven't seen FM9 users reporting this as a problem. I hope it is the same.
Switching presets, not the scenes themselves, has always been a bit of a pause. I always try to fit in these 8 scenes and I think there will be no difference. I hope so: D
And in the case of the FM3, was there a difference to the AX FXIII?

I was going through some factory presets last night and definitely had some gaps when changing scenes :confused: not on every preset but more often than not. Not sure what’s going on there…

I was going through some factory presets last night and definitely had some gaps when changing scenes :confused: not on every preset but more often than not. Not sure what’s going on there…
Does anyone have similar feelings?

Is there any chance for a Fractal answer on this issue?

Does anyone have similar feelings?

Is there any chance for a Fractal answer on this issue?
I messed with this more last night. It was gapless until I changed the channel on the amp in a scene. I thought it should still be gapless, though, as long as you’re on the same preset :(

Last edited:
To get no gap you need 2 amp blocks then you can switch back and forth
Thanks. I have two amp blocks but they’re in stereo. I thought that was the point of the ABCD thing.

That’s unfortunate but can be planned around. Is it gapless with other blocks switching channels?

Thanks. I have two amp blocks but they’re in stereo. I thought that was the point of the ABCD thing.

That’s unfortunate but can be planned around. Is it gapless with other blocks switching channels?
I have not messed around with it a lot but depending on how different the settings are you will still potentialy hear the change
using dual block like 2 delays
2 amps 2 verbs will always offer the most seamless transitions

Back
Top Bottom