Scenes Toggle - ring colour and "Current name" display issue/possible bug with FC6

blaggers

Power User
Ive got my FC6 "Scenes" layout to have two buttons that toggle between scenes 5 and 7 (and 6 and 8 on the top right button).

1583874895617.png

When this layout is selected on the FC6 the ring colour doesnt show its a scene selector switch ie coloured blue
1583875013530.png

If I select the scene then it turns to the correct 'button selected' colour, but goes blank again when a different button it pressed.
Is this meant to happen? If not can it be fixed? or is there a work around?

1583875157136.png

Ive also just noticed that the Mini-Display Label wont show the "Current name" - gives a blank screen, but will show "Destination name" correctly.

That’s normal. When scene 5 or 7 is selected you’ll see the led lit. You have scene 4 selected which is none of the functions on those 2 switches

That’s normal. When scene 5 or 7 is selected you’ll see the led lit. You have scene 4 selected which is none of the functions on those 2 switches
Okay, but the other non-selected Scenes have dark blue color. Shouldn’t these two buttons be dark blue when they aren’t being used?

Expected behavior

Notice at :29 in I select scene 3 with the bottom right button. it's toggle is scene 2 (button to its left) so it's dim lit. This tells me that either of those lit buttons will take me to scene 2.

at :31 I select scene 2. All the other buttons (except 5 assigned to presets) are dim lit. This is because scene 2 is the toggle on all these buttons.

make sense?

My layout

Button 1 Scene toggle 1/2
Button 2 Scene toggle 2/3
Button 3 Scene toggle 3/2
Button 4 Scene toggle 4/2
Button 5 Preset layout select
Button 6 Scene toggle 5/2

Last edited:
That’s only normal to you because all your buttons are set to toggle so have the same bug on all of them!. Set on to select only one scene and it will have a dark blue ring around it to show it’s a scene when not selected and a brighter blue ring when it is selected - the same as all the other switch options do.

right. if they are not the same type of switch - select vs toggle - that can explain the difference in the light display.
Sure enough - it's weird, but it's not a bug. However, a non-lit LED usually means that there's a problem. I'd prefer that they use one color when either Scene is activated via toggle; you can still tell which Scene it is by looking at the strip. And of course use the dim LED when neither Scene is being used. That video was a little freaky for my tastes.

it would be nice if toggle (and control) switches could also toggle color. and add switch another mode; "continuous toggle" so you could switch between 2 scenes without having to HOLD. i.e. each subsequent press would select scene 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2 (or whatever you choose)

It is a bug - if a switch has a function then the light ring should show the correct colour for that function - either dim for "available but inactive", or brighter for "active". If a switch has been assigned to a phaser block and there isn't a phaser block in the patch then is doesn't light up - showing its inactive. If the switch toggles between two phaser channels - than is lights up with the relevant block colour. Why are scenes any different?

If I assign a button to simply select a scene it lights up blue (as shown in the lower row of buttons in my image in the first post). If I assign a switch to toggle between two scenes (as seen in the middle and RHS up the upper row) - its blank! until I press on it to select a scene when it turns bright blue!

Ive also noticed that for buttons assigned to scene toggle switches having the Mini-Display Label setting set to show the "Current name" gives a blank screen, but if set to show "Destination name" it does set the mini screen display correctly. This is also a bug.

These are the first bugs Ive reported - how does Fractal Audio usually acknowledge they've documented issue?

it would be nice if toggle (and control) switches could also toggle color. and add switch another mode; "continuous toggle" so you could switch between 2 scenes without having to HOLD. i.e. each subsequent press would select scene 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2 (or whatever you choose)

That's how the scene toggle option currently works (the continuous toggle bit you mention) - no need to HOLD the button - just a quick press - have you set yours up as per my first image using the Toggle Function?

Unplug your FC6 and plug it back in, it will show a firmware number as it boots. Please post firmware number.

Unplug your FC6 and plug it back in, it will show a firmware number as it boots. Please post firmware number.

It’s 1.10 - Im on the latest version

has anyone else tried setting a scene button to toggle? Should only take a few seconds in AceEdit, to see if this is local to my setup.

It is a bug ... if a switch has a function then the light ring should show the correct colour for that function - either dim for "available but inactive", or brighter for "active".

It is not a bug. You are confused because of how effects work. Scene Toggle is working as designed. As specified in the Footswitch Function Guide, "the LED ring is bright when the “Primary” Scene is active, dim when the “Secondary” scene is active, off is "neither" of these is active.

Ive also noticed that for buttons assigned to scene toggle switches having the Mini-Display Label setting set to show the "Current name" gives a blank screen,

Not happening here. It's working perfectly.

It’s 1.10 - Im on the latest version

has anyone else tried setting a scene button to toggle? Should only take a few seconds in AceEdit, to see if this is local to my setup.
Nope, it’s in the manual - toggle functions for bank, preset and scene all work the same way. If neither function is selected, the LED stays off. I think that should be changed... but it’s not a bug.

I don't think it should be changed and here's just one reason why:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/three-scenes-from-two-switches.156554/

Ok, but I dont see why that still wouldn’t work with dimmed ring lights as standard.

I’ve gone back to standard “press” for scene 5 and “press and hold” for scene 7 - the current toggle implementation is useless for me.

The current name vs destination name issue is just down to inconsistency- if there’s no scene name defined, “destination name” will show “Preset X” in the window, and “current name” will show blank ie “ “.

Back
Top Bottom