Scenes to looper

scrockel

when using scenes with mfc and ax fx II what is the best way to get to the looper. Right now I have to leave scenes and go back to preset mode and then hold down reveal to get to the looper and then go back to scene mode to get to my scenes. Is there a way to go from scene mode directly to looper mode and back to scene again without having to exit to preset mode? Hope that makes sense? :)

FWIW, you can just hold the Reveal switch while in scene selection mode and it will bring up Looper Control Mode same as if in preset select mode, no need to leave scene selection mode first. When you tap reveal again to exit Looper Control Mode it will go back to preset selection mode, but just think of the reveal button as needing a quick double-click to go from looper control mode to scene section mode, or just a single-click to go from looper control mode to preset selection mode ;)

FWIW, you can just hold the Reveal switch while in scene selection mode and it will bring up Looper Control Mode same as if in preset select mode, no need to leave scene selection mode first. When you tap reveal again to exit Looper Control Mode it will go back to preset selection mode, but just think of the reveal button as needing a quick double-click to go from looper control mode to scene section mode, or just a single-click to go from looper control mode to preset selection mode ;)

Thanks, let me try that. I thought that didn't do it . I do have the looper on the quick reveal setting so I might change that too.

Thanks, let me try that. I thought that didn't do it . I do have the looper on the quick reveal setting so I might change that too.

Ah, yeah, I have scenes on quick reveal and looper on long reveal, that's probably the difference we're seeing. Good luck! :)

How many scenes are you using? Which Looper controls are you actually using? How many 'IA' switches do you need?

You may be able to setup up all you need on the 'Reveal' page? A few scenes, a few looper controls, and a few 'IA' switches.......???

How many scenes are you using? Which Looper controls are you actually using? How many 'IA' switches do you need?

You may be able to setup up all you need on the 'Reveal' page? A few scenes, a few looper controls, and a few 'IA' switches.......???

Thanks for th idea . I wasn't sure I could change the ia switches from default for looper controls in scenes. That might do it.

How can I change IA -1 to be Rec and change IA - 2 to be play? I'm going nuts!
I'm currently using the MFC-101 Mk lll and I EDIT, MIDI, then page right seven times, then I see IA1 and scroll through all of the selections and there is no REC?

How can I change IA -1 to be Rec and change IA - 2 to be play? I'm going nuts!
I'm currently using the MFC-101 Mk lll and I EDIT, MIDI, then page right seven times, then I see IA1 and scroll through all of the selections and there is no REC?
There is no dedicated 'Axe-Fx Function' option for any of the 'Looper' controls. There is a 'Looper' switch that will activate all of the looper controls, but none of the other IA switches will function while the 'Looper' controls are active.

What you have to do is.......Set the two IA switch functions to 'None'. Now those two switches can send any PC command, any 2 CC commands, and a sysex command. You just need to look up the CC# for the 'Rec' and 'Play' controls for the Looper.

Back
Top Bottom